Chapter 36

Arriving at camp you feel a gentle shove.

Hmm.

Not realizing you fell a sleep you feel another shove. This time it was more rougher than before.

Waking up to practically being shoved hard against the window you look up to an annoyed kise.

I-

Before you could say anything he had already cut you off. Sorry I didn't mean to shove you that hard. You weren't waking up. You really are a heavy sleeper.

Hearing his comment made you flushed. You never were the one to fall asleep in public. You don't even remember falling asleep.

Kise seeing you space out, started to bring you back to realization.

Oi! Grab your stuff and let's go. Don't want to be left behind do you?

Nodding you grab your bag heading off the bus with kise.

Stepping off the bus you look around. You never been around many people growing up. Getting nervous you kept your head down.

Hey. You hear a familiar voice approach you. Looking up you see Aomine. Flustered  by his confession and him shirtless you look away. H-hey.

Noticing he smirks. What? Cat got your tongue, or am I just that handsome? Before you can reply your brother steps in. Aomine, leave my sister alone.

Sighing, Aomines teammate had thrown his shirt to him. Never noticing he was there as well you catch him looking at you.

Hi. Sorry about our ace. My names Ryo Sakurai. Smiling you shook his hand. My names nanami. He blushed seeing you smile. Before he could say anything else Aomine separated your hands.

Allow me to take you to where you be staying~ he smirked making you nervous. There's no way I'll let you take my sister to the dorm. Your brother had cut aomine off grabbing your hand.

Pushing through the crowd of boys you lowered your head feeling embarrassed. Where was this when you needed him at the hospital. Building up emotions you choked them down.

This is where you're going to be staying. He guided you to a dorm that had a number 4 on it. Thanks you replied smiling. Taking the first step you were yanked back by your brother.

Eh- what? Confused you looked back at him. Listen nanami. I won't always be around to protect you. Since we go to different schools, I need you to be more aware of your surroundings.

Why? Why now? Of all times. You tried to hold back the tears and emotions that were buried. But instead you snapped.

I don't need your protection. I'm not some little weak girl. I'm capable of taking care of myself. Why you acting like you care? You weren't there when I was in the hospital. I didn't see you for a very long time. Now you're trying to act like a big brother?

Get lost.

You had enough all that emotion just came flooding back. Leaving him speechless you walk inside slamming the door. You weren't the type to get angry. But you had enough. The "fake" brother act. Well that's what you thought.

Wiping the tears that started flooding your face, you started to settle in the room. No one else was around so taking advantage you quickly unpacked. Taking the bottom bunk.

After settling in you decide to go to the gym. I'm sure my team is there. Hesitating you open the door. I hope he knows I didn't really mean it. Mumbling you think about your brother. I just let my emotions get the best of me.

Come on nanami!

Getting the courage up, you open the door. As the door slide open, there was no sight of your brother or anyone else. Feeling relieved you stepped out of the dorm shutting the door.

Going downstairs to the gym you hear chants, balls bouncing, and yelling. Taking a step in, you look for your friend Karu.

Seeing her with your brother and Kise. You decided to go in the other direction. There's no way you can face your brother right now.

Watch out!! You hear Rika Aida scream. Not realizing she was talking to you, sighing you lowered your head.

In your own thoughts, you feel a strong hold on your shoulder pulling you outta your thoughts.

W-what-?

Looking up you see a angry Koji Kobori moving you out of the way. Pulling you closer to his chest the ball flew past you both.

What the hell!!! Why are you so spaced out today? You could've got hurt. Blushing you look at him. He was holding you close to his chest.

Pushing him away, you avoid eye contact. I-I'm sorry. As everyone was looking at the two of you. Aomine, Kise, and Kuroko approached you.

Are you a idiot!! What's got you so spaced out? Kise yelled angry.

You need to be more aware of your surroundings. I thought I told you that. Your brother said not even looking at you.

Great he's mad at me. After I told him I could take care of myself. I must look extremely pathetic.

Aomine snapping his fingers in your face as you were spacing out again. Hey!! Nana? Listen!

Embarrassed you snapped back into it. I- I'm. As all eyes were on you. You heard whispers.

Is she ok? What's wrong with her? Did she loose her mind?

Not knowing what to do you looked at everyone. Then back at the three boys. I shouldn't have came. I can't even play basketball anymore. Why did I have to go and agree to this.

Feeling miserable you hide your tears. Just leave me alone. I need some space. Pushing through the three of them you started to run out of the gym.

________________ _______________

Kuroko's POV:

Seeing my sister storm off I sigh

Seeing my sister storm off I sigh.  Thinking about nanami snapping at me earlier. I start to think. So that's how she truly feels about me. I can't go tell her "I'm sorry." She must be extremely hurt. I know how much basketball means to her.

What's her deal? Hearing Kise suck his teeth and commenting. Just give her, her space. Picking up the ball that was accidentally thrown at her I walk away.

Oi!! Hey!! Tetsukun!! Wait-

Ignoring Kise I go to the empty spot and sit down.

I just got so in depth with basketball. She's not the only one who loves basketball. I could've been a better brother though.

I'll just wait till she's ready.