Chapter 16:

What's for dinner? Humming you start coming downstairs. Sitting in the closest seat.

Which was across from your brother Koroko. Your mother is serving fried rice.

Blushing you look at Aomine. Who smiles and takes a seat next to you

Seeing how annoyed and alert your brother is you give him a don't worry look.

Understanding you he looks away digging into the food. Grabbing your plate you also begin to dig in.

After getting a plate of fried rice your mother and father take their seat.

How is school going Nanami? Did you make any friends. I know it must be tough. Considering you have been in the hospital your whole life.

Feeling a pair of eyes on you, you blush. P-pa.

Now, now darling look what you did. Don't fluster our nana dear.

Mom- you whisper quitely making Aomine laugh.

Flustered you were about to give him a piece of your mind but was hit with another question.

Tomorrow's your check-up right? Koroko asks concerned. Y-yea.

Aomine raises an eyebrow. Check-up?

Oh yea dear. My babygirl here has breathing issues.

M-mom. You blush looking away from aomine.

It's why she was forced to quit trying to play basketball.

Feeling like crying. You raised up outta your chair looking down.

Remembering what happened was painful. You loved basketball. But what stung your heart even more was what kise had said earlier.

Not wanting to remember. You apologize to everyone.

S-orry. I just need fresh air. Raising your head again. You gave them a fake smile and leave the table.

Nana-

Ignoring the calls you quickly slip your shoes on and exit your house

Aomines POV:

Getting up to follow her I was stopped by Mr. Tetsuya.

Just let her be. She will be back. Annoyed I excused myself.

Following after Tetsuya's sister..

------------------- ------------------------

Back to your POV:

Refusing to cry you find a nearby park. All I do is cry. I'm so tired of being constantly reminded of my past.

Kicking a rock you decide to sit on the swings. Bored, you pull out your phone.

Opening it you see a lot of text messages. Some from your friend karu and other unknowns.

What stood out the most was the private group chat. Curious you were about to open it. Until you heard a familiar voice stop you.

A cute girl like you shouldn't go running off by yourself. It's annoying.

Ah-

Dropping your phone aomine picks it up for you staring at you.

Tha-

Before you can take it back he raises it above your head. Opening your contacts you freak out.

Hey! Aomine!!

Calm down nanami I'm just adding my number.

Blushing from hearing him call you by your first name he smirks.

Handing you back your phone. Don't tell me your easily pleased.

Puffing out your cheeks you turn your head. Why are you here?

Isn't it obvious? I came to get you. Its not safe for a girl your age to be outside after dark.

Blushing you look at him. Smiling he gets closer to your face. Does this mean I get a prize? How about a kiss?

I-I w-wait!!

Laughing he pulls away from you. It was just a joke. I wouldn't kiss a girl like you.

Angry you get off the swings and walk in the direction of your house.

Oi! Wait. Go away Aomine.

Grabbing your arm he pulls you towards him. Making you lose your balance.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. Looking up at Aomine. You blush.

You never saw this side of him.

I-Its okay. Letting go he continues to walk you home.

Passing glances his way. You try to break the silence. What? He asks.

N-nothing. Laughing he looks at you. I see you constantly glancing over at me.

I-I JUST wanted to-

To what? Giving you that childish grin. You look away blushing.

N-Nothing! Tearing your gaze away from him.

Laughing you two begin to walk in silence.

Letting you drift off into your own thoughts. He is going to be the death of me.

We're here. Turning around you grab his arm.

U-uh y-yhur not com-eing inside?

Do you want me too? He teases.

Letting go you get flustered. I didn't mean it like t-that.

Patting your head he laughs at you. Tell your parent's I said thanks for dinner. Oh and apologize to Koroko for me.

It's late so I'm gonna go home. Ok. Goodnight Aomine.

Yea.

Waving at you. Bye.

Watching him leave you enter the house and slip your shoes off..

Blushing of course.