Chapter 14:

I can't go home. You mumble. Your mother is on vacation.

You don't want to worry her by coming home early.

Stupid kise! You started crying. I just wanted to be your friend.

Why? Why are you being so mean? I know I know nothing about basketball. But I love basketball.

What I would give to be able to play basketball again. Even if I suck.

Closing your eyes. You start to remember the reason you were hospitalized your whole life.

Flashback:

5 year old nanami jumped on her brothers bed.

Turning towards you. You see your brother smiling. You smile back.

Grabbing his arm you complain that your bored. Why don't we go play basketball then?

Perking up you watch your brother grab his basketball and leaving you behind.

W-wait Ni-san! Turning around he stopped and waited for you. Don't worry I won't leave you behind.

Smiling you quickly throw on your shoes and grab his shirt.

Ne, Ni-san? Hmm. Will ogi-chan be there?

Patting your head he nods. He's always there.

Passing the park you guys make it to the basketball court.

Seeing your brother and your childhood friend shigehiro ogiwra. You call out to him. Catching his attention.

Ogi-chan! You wave. Making him smile and approach you. Hey there koroko, nana.

So you mind if we play with you guys. You ask tilting your head.

Girls can't play ball. You hear one boy say. Pissing off Shigehiro and ni-san.

Shigehiro speaks first. It's not just a boys sport. Yea. Girls can play too. Koroko says heated.

Whatever. Im outta here. The unknown boy replied.

Uh. Ill just watch then. You say looking down. Dont worry about it. Ogi-chan.

Smiling you hear koroko suggested a 2v1. I'm fine with that! Shigehiro replies.

Both looking at you to see if it was ok. Yea! I wanna be on Ni-sans team.

What!!! But I thought you liked me more nana! Shigehiro teases.

Blushing you start to stutter. I'm just teasing you.

Wahh! Ogi-chan!! Pouting tou feel hands on your head.

Sorry. He says trying not to laugh. While your brotjer was laughing.

Mischievously you swipe the ball from your brother and start dribbling.

Oi! Thats a foul. Laughing you began to continue running.

Further into the game. You and your brother were behind. The score was 2-0.

Not paying attention to your breathing you start to turn to shoot but started to fall.

Dropping the ball you start wheezing.

Oi!

You hear the boys yell but fell unconscious...

-------------------          ------------------------

Sniffling you hear your stomach growl.