Chapter 5

"I'm curious about something. How did you and Mel end up as friends? Y'all seem to be so different." Ryan asked Jordyn.

Jordyn pondered the question for a moment. "Mel and I have a lot of history together. There were actually a few times we weren't all that different. Mel is the closest thing I have to a sister. Her family practically raised me. We've been best friends for as long as I can remember. She wasn't always the 'wild child' she is now. Hell, I wasn't always as quiet and insecure as I am now."

"Did something happen that made you you insecure?" Ryan knew he was being intrusive, but he meant it when he said he wanted to know her.

"Yeah. Life happened."

Okay. Maybe she wasn't ready to share her life story with him. "We don't have to talk about this if you don't want to."

"It's not so much that I don't want to talk about it, it's just a lot of ugly wrapped in drama tied up with a nice big bow of regret. It's not who I am anymore."

Ryan decided to try another tactic. "You said Mel's family practically raised you. What about your family? Are you not close?" Family was everything to Ryan. He was very close to his parents and his sisters and could not imagine not having them in his life.

"I have no family. My parents died when I was fifteen. I was an only child. My parents were only children. I never knew my grandparents, they died before I was born. After my parents died, I went to live with Mel and her family until I turned eighteen."

"I'm sorry Jordyn. I had no idea."

"It's fine. You couldn't have known."

Ryan wracked his brain trying to find something else to talk about. He would love to know more about her past, but it seemed like there were things she wasn't ready to discuss. He could understand, they barely knew each other. Maybe they should keep things light.

"Dog or cat?" He asked.

"What?" She laughed.

"Are you a dog or cat person?"

"I've never had either, but I would have to say dogs. Cats creep me out. What about you?"

"Dogs for sure. Cats are creepy. I have a dog. His name is Sturgill. He's back home right now, but maybe you could meet him in a few weeks when you move to Mooresville."

She smiled brightly. "That is the perfect name, and yes, I would love to meet him."

This was a lot better Ryan thought. "Favorite food?" Ryan asked.

"Oh that's an easy one. Cheeseburgers. You?"

"I have a lot of favorites: burgers, pizza, Mexican."

"Any tattoos?" He asked.

She blushed. "A few, but I would have to take my clothes off to show you, and uh yeah. I'm not gonna do that." Damn!

"I have two on my chest and this on my thigh." He pulled up the hem of his shorts to show her his Darth Vader.

"Oh my God! That is awesome. I love Star Wars."

As if he didn't like her enough already, he was liking her even more."

He tried to think of something to ask that wasn't too personal. He heard her phone go off. She checked it, and frowned slightly.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Mel wants to stay the night with Chase. She said I could take her car back to the hotel and pick her up in the morning."

"Or you can stay here."

"You don't mind? I'd hate to intrude, but I really don't want to go back to the hotel alone."

"You're not intruding and I really do want you to stay."

Alright. Is it okay if I use your shower!"

"Sure help yourself. There's plenty of towels in there."

"Thanks. I won't be long." She stood up and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

A few minutes later, he heard the shower running, and tried not to think about Jordyn's naked body standing under the running water. He might need another shower later. A cold one.

He decided to go and find her some clothes to put on. Trying to ignore the ache in his groin. He heard the shower turn off. "Jordyn, I left you some clothes on the bed. He turned, about to walk out.

"What? I didn't hear you."

He walked closer to the door to tell her again, just as she opened the door, and he ran smack into her.

He reached out and grabbed her around the waist to keep her from falling. This was the exact thing and also the very last thing he wanted to see: Jordyn, pressed up against him, wearing nothing but a towel. Beads of water running out of her wet hair, down the exposed column of her neck, down to the top of her chest, disappearing into her cleavage.

The ache in his groin turning to a full fledge throbbing. All he could think about right now was how she would taste.

He lowered his head and pressed his lips to hers. So damn sweet. His tongue licked along her bottom lip. Her arms came around his neck, pulling him closer as she deepened the kiss.

Realizing the situation they were in, they both pulled away.

"Uh. I left you some clothes on the bed. I'm going to take a shower now. Just make yourself  at home." He choked out.

He stepped in to the bathroom quickly and undressed. He was so hard he felt like he was going to explode. He turned the cold water on and stepped into the shower. This girl was going to be the death of him.

After getting his arousal under control, Ryan stepped into the living area to find Jordyn asleep on the couch.

He thought about leaving her there, but he knew how uncomfortable that couch was, so he bent down and lifted her up and carried her to the bed. As he set her down, she woke up.

"Ry, I'm sorry about earlier, I didn't expect you to be right outside the door."

He laughed. "Don't worry about it. It's fine."

"Alright. Good night." She placed a soft kiss on his lips then rolled on to her side. Instinctively, he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him.

"Is this okay? I just want to hold you."

"Yeah. This is okay. Good night Ryan."