Chapter 27

"Jordyn, would you keep still and stop fidgeting. You're making me mess up your eyeliner." Mel scolded.

Jordyn resisted the urge to roll her eyes. She didn't want to get stabbed in the eye with the liner that Mel was wielding in her right hand.

"How much makeup are you putting on me Mel?" She asked.

"Just trust me. I'm doing a smoky eye, and it looks amazing. Just relax." Mel assured her.

Jordyn had no clue why she was so nervous about going on a date with Ryan. Hell, they lived together. He'd seen her wake up in the morning with eye boogers and hair standing on end. He's seen her with toothpaste foaming out of her mouth. For tonight though, she just wanted really wanted to look beautiful for him.

"Okay. I'm done. You can look now. Mel looked pretty pleased with the results. Jordyn turned around and looked in the mirror.

Her jaw dropped. Was that really her? The makeup was perfect. By the amount of bottles and brushes and palettes Mel had laid out, she was afraid it would be too much, that she would look like a clown. Her fears were unfounded. It was perfect. Her skin was flawless and glowing. It looked like porcelain. Her cheek bones were highlighted, but looked natural. Lips a soft, subtle wine color. All focus however was on her eyes. The smoky look was somehow dramatic, yet soft at the same time, and the colors really made her eyes pop and were those really her eyelashes?

"Mel...I...I don't really know what to say." She was at a loss. "You are a freaking magician. A miracle worker." She gushed.

Mel laughed. "You are beautiful Jordyn. Everyone knows it but you. I just took what was already there and enhanced it."

"Well, you knocked it out of the park. Thank you so much." Jordyn hugged her tightly.

"Well, don't thank me yet, we still have to do something with this hair." She laughed.

Debating between the flat iron and the curling iron, they decided to keep Jordyn's long, dark blonde hair in its natural curls, using the curling iron to smooth and tame some of the wayward curls. After, Mel arranged it into a half up, half down style.

Finally, Jordyn was slipping into the new royal blue dress, the color making her eyes pop even more. She stepped into her strappy black heels, and smoothed her hands over her hips as she turned to check her reflection in the mirror. She could not believe this was really her. The dress was a simple style. Fitted at the top, and flared at the hips. It showed of her curves, a little bit of cleavage, and a lot of leg.

"You look fucking gorgeous!" Mel gushed. She felt beautiful. "Just need a few little sparkly accessories and you are all done." Mel added.

Ryan was pacing anxiously in the living room. Jordyn was taking forever. He was nervous. He fidgeted with his tie, then checked his watch. Shit. They needed to get going.

He knocked softly on the bedroom door. "Babe, we have reservations. I don't want to rush you, but uh, we need to get going."

Mel had just finished clasping the gold chain with the simple heart pendant around Jordyn's neck. "Ready to knock him dead she asked?"

Jordyn chuckled. "Nah. Just stun him. I still want him alive."

Mel tucked a stray curl into place. "Breathe Jordyn. It's just a date with your boyfriend." She giggled.

Finally, Mel opened the door and Jordyn stepped out. Ryan could not believe his eyes. Sure Jordyn was naturally stunning, but tonight, she looked absolutely gorgeous.

"Close your mouth lover boy, and pick your jaw up off the floor." Mel teased.

Jordyn got a good look at Ryan, and her mouth literally watered. Damn he was hot. Dressed in a black suit and tie, he was freshly shaved. His longish wavy hair styled and pushed back off of his forehead, except for one little curl that fell down over his eye.

"I guess we clean up pretty good." Jordyn laughed nervously.

"Good? You are absolutely gorgeous." He stepped closer to her and kissed her cheek. "So damn gorgeous. I can't believe you are mine."

They continued to eyeball each other. Both of them very much liking what they saw.

Mel cleared her throat. "Guys, I'm gonna get out of here. If y'all are done eye fucking each other, remember, reservations." They both laughed. Mel was so subtle.

*********

They were both pretty quiet on the drive. They finally arrived at a restaurant on the lake.

Ryan came around the other side of the car to help her out. She smiled at him as she took his hand. Always such a gentleman.

Jordyn looked around. Wow this place is fancy. She thought to herself.

"Reservation for Blaney." Ryan said to the hostess.

"Of course. Right this way Mr. Blaney." She led them to a table next to a window overlooking the lake. She handed each of them menus." "Your server will be with you shortly. Enjoy your evening." She said as she walked away.

Ryan took Jordyn's hand, lazily drawing circles on the area between her thumb and index finger. "What are you so quiet for?" He asked.

She smiled at him. "Just a little overwhelmed I guess." She laughed nervously. She knew he was taking her some place nice, but she didn't expect something so fancy. She took in the waiters wearing tuxedos, the crisp, pristine white tablecloths, the soft candlelight. She couldn't help bet think she was way out of her element. Hell, so was he. They were both fast food, pizza, Waffle House, Olive Garden (if they were really going all out) kind of people.

She looked up as a waiter placed a bucket with a bottle of champagne on the table. Damn. Champagne too! She realized she hadn't even opened the menu.

"Just give us a few more minutes." Ryan said to the waiter.

Jordyn finally opened the menu and glanced at it, hardly even noticing the words swimming before her eyes. "Jordyn?" She realized Ryan was speaking to her. "Are you ready to order?" He asked.

"Uh. Yes. I'll have the filet. Medium rare." She said to the waiter.

"Excellent choice ma'am. And for you sir?" The waiter asked Ryan.

"I'll have the same." Ryan replied.

The waiter filled both champagne glasses before leaving.

Jordyn took a sip of her champagne and looked over the top of her glass at Ryan. Was it her imagination, or did he appear nervous too? He was fidgeting more than usual.

The waiter returned with their salads. Both of them just picked at the salads. Ryan let out a small chuckle. "I think we are both a little out of our element." He said.

Jordyn felt relieved. With that out of the way, they were able to resume their normal conversation. It didn't take Jordyn long to remember she had not eaten lunch today, so the champagne went straight to her head. She looked over the table at Ryan. She started drawing hearts on his hand that was clasped with hers. God he looked so damn good. She couldn't wait to get him back home. Yeah. She should probably lay off the champagne until she got some food in her stomach. It didn't help that his eyes staring back into her were filled with desire.

Right on time, their food arrived. She assumed it was good, she really couldn't taste it. She was more focused on her gorgeous date.

They finished their meals, had more champagne, ate dessert and finally paid the check.

Time to go home. Ryan, however, had one more idea. This time, she knew it wasn't her imagination. He did look nervous.

He led her outside, onto the pier. They watched the stars for a moment, then she leaned in to kiss him. A sweet, lingering kiss. Traces of champagne and chocolate bursting from his tongue. Before she could lean in for another, he glanced at his watch and pointed to the sky.

"Look up." He said, his voice husky. She looked up, and the sky was filled with fireworks. She laughed with delight.

"Did you really plan that?" She turned to look at him, but he was no longer standing next to her. He was down on one knee. In his shaky hand was a small black box. In the box, was a glittering diamond ring.

Crash And Burnजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें