Chapter 30

December

"Calm down bro. You got this." Chase whispered to Ryan, as he noticed him fidgeting as they stood at the alter, waiting nervously for the ceremony to begin.

Mel adjusted Jordyn's veil and train one last time.

"You look gorgeous. Absolutely perfect. I could not be happier for you." She told her best friend.

She gave a quick hug to her father, who had offered to give Jordyn away. She was thrilled both of her parents were here. They both adored Jordyn, and thought of her as another daughter. She blew Jordyn a kiss, and took her place in line to begin her walk down the aisle.

Ryan was blown away when he saw Jordyn walk down the aisle, being given away by Mel's father. She had never looked more beautiful.

"Dearly beloved. We are gathered here together in the presence of God, to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony. If there is anyone present who shows just cause why this woman and this man should not be joined, let him speak now, or forever hold his peace."

Silence.

"Through marriage, Ryan and Jordyn make a commitment to love one another. To face their disappointments and follow their dreams. Accept each other's failures, and embrace each other's hopes. This is a celebration of love and commitment to which this man and woman unite and begin their life together. Jordyn and Ryan, you may begin your vows."

"Ryan, I promise to love you without condition. To honor our commitment to each other. To laugh with you every day. To support you when you have a bad day and celebrate with you on a good one. You have always been my rock. You lifted me up when I was down. You knocked down the walls I built around myself, and helped me to open up and find my strength as well as myself. You've taught me to believe in myself, that anything was possible. Through the good times and the bad. You helped me to become the person I am today. Because of you I laugh, I smile, I hope and I dream. Thank you for the miracle of you. You are and always will be the love of my life, my soulmate, my person. I, Jordyn Elise Springer take you Ryan Michael Blaney, to be my husband. To have and to hold from this day forward. For better or worse. For richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. In good times and in bad. Till death due us part.

Jordyn, I promise to love you without condition. To honor our commitment to each other. To laugh with you every day. To support you when you have a bad day and celebrate with you on a good one. The day I met you, you took my breath away. You still take my breath away. You touched my heart and soul like no one else. I never believed in love at first sight until I met you. I have watched you grow so much as a person and I could not be more proud. You have such a strength and a light inside of you. I love you with all my heart. I'm ready to spend the rest of my life showing you just how much. I, Ryan Michael Blaney, take you Jordyn Elise Springer to be my wife. To have and to hold from this day forward For better or worse. For richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. In good times and in bad. Till death due us part.

"May I have the rings please". The minister announced. Chase and Mel handed over the rings. Now please repeat after me:

Jordyn, With this ring,
I pledge my love and faithfulness to you,
today, tomorrow and always.

Ryan repeated the vow, and placed the ring on Jordyn's finger.

Ryan, With this ring,
I pledge my love and faithfulness to you,
today, tomorrow and always.

Jordyn repeated the vow, and placed the ring on Ryan's finger

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Ryan, you may now kiss your bride".

*******************************************

Ryan held Jordyn in his arms, as they danced their first song together as husband and wife. He leaned in and kissed her softly. "I love you Jordyn Blaney. You have made me the happiest man on earth."

"I love you Ryan Michael Blaney. You have made me the happiest woman on earth. I can't wait to spend my life with you. To start a family with you."

His eyes got wide. "Family? Are you..."

Her laugh cut him off. "No, I'm not. One day, but for now, I just want you for myself."

He was relieved, but a slight bit disappointed. He couldn't wait to have children with her one day, but he could wait. "I'm not quite ready to share you either."

She smiled into his kiss. One day.

Pictures were taken. The cake was cut. The bouquet was caught (by Mel, albeit reluctantly). The garter was caught by Chase, a bit reluctantly as well. Now everyone could enjoy the reception. Champagne flowed. Everyone ate, danced and had a good time. It was indeed a perfect day.

**********

Jordyn watched out of the corner of her eye as Chase led Mel out onto the dance floor. A Cole Swindell song was playing. She saw Mel thread her fingers through Chase's hair. She was glowing. Her smile was bright, her eyes sparkling. She looked just like the old Mel.

Jordyn felt in her heart that Chase and Mel were perfect for each other. She could not contain her happiness. She leaned in and kissed her new husband softly and her heart was soaring. Not only for her own happiness, but for hope that her best friend could find love just as she had. She had just broken away from Ryan's kiss to see Mel run off of the dance floor and out the door. Was she crying? What the hell just happened? She saw Chase standing their a look of utter confusion and heartbreak on his face. She muttered a quick apology to Ryan and took off after her best friend.