eight

JENNIE'S POV

Lisa tightened her grip on my arm as her dreadful gaze showered on me, "Jennie what's happening? Tell me!"

I stared at her blankly as I thought of how Rosé has been for the past week. It reminded me of something that happened four years ago.

Flashback

"Jennie unnie," I felt someone poking my arms as I studied in the library.

I sighed, "Rosé stop it," I said without looking at her.

"U-Unnie..."

I grew annoyed because of her constant nagging but still paid no attention. Instead, I got my earphones from my bag and stuffed it in my ears to shut her off. Rosé has been nothing but annoying lately. She kept being clingy, tearful and restless. 

I don't get why she has to knock on my door every night and wake me up just because she felt sad? That's why I decided to lock my bedroom door lately, so she won't disturb my sleep anymore.

Once again, I huffed in irritation when tiny drops of liquid drip on my notebook. I looked up to see Rosé crying while still standing beside me.

Ugh, here she goes again. If she can manage to get mom and dad's attention by being a cry baby, it won't work on me.

I quickly fixed my things and dragged her outside the school.

"U-Unnie..." Rosé sniffed while I was gripping her elbow harshly outside the school, "Apayo..." [Trans: It hurts]

I only stopped when we were already in front of my car that dad has bought for me early this year.

"Get in," I coldly said and left the passenger seat's door open for her before quickly going on the driver's seat.

I sighed as she entered my car in the slowest way possible.

I didn't utter a single word while I was driving abruptly. When we got home, I angrily stomped my way inside the house with her following me.

"What the hell is your problem?!" I shouted as I turned to her with my hands on my head, then I pointed my index finger at her, "Stop being a burden will you?!"

I rolled my eyes when she shed even more tears and sobbed harder. Her shoulders were shaking while she kept wiping her tears while looking down.

"There you go again! Crying nonstop just to seek attention!"

"I-I'm sorry," she choked out her words, "I'm sorry..." she kept repeating those words while I just heaved a frustrated sigh.

"I can't even study well because of you," I said a bit calmer before storming off to my room.

I don't really get why she's being like that for almost three weeks already. She absentmindedly does things inconveniently, she always looks like she didn't sleep at all and she barely touches her food but the day after that, she became worse. 

Of course she didn't bother me anymore, it's because she didn't go out of her room at all. She missed classes for a straight week. Mom and dad grew worried because they can't even talk to her properly without her crying hysterically and asking them to leave them alone.

That was when I felt a pang of guilt in me. I knew I made my sister feel worse. It was my fault. So I advised mom to take Rosé to a doctor and the latter diagnosed her with clinical depression.

It took a lot before I got Rosé to talk to me again and I apologized for not being there for her and for making her feel awful. I also learned that some people were bullying her at school, specifically one of my close friends, Joy.