twenty eight

JENNIE'S POV

"Why aren't you sleeping?" she asked.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" I asked back.

She's lying on her side like she has no plans of sleeping, while I'm on my back.

"You're better than my dreams, how do you expect me to doze off when you're beside me?" she gives me her charming smile.

Ah, Lisa and her killer lines. She's so good at flirting, even at this time of the night.

"Do you want me to sleep on the couch, then?" I joked.

"No," she quickly answered, cupping my face, "Why do you love me?"

I laughed at her sudden question, "Why wouldn't I?"

"Stop answering me back with questions," she frowns.

"Okay," I faced her as I pondered for a bit, then I looked at her face, "You're hot."

Her brows furrowed, "But there's a lot of hot people out there," she huffed.

"True," I winked.

"Jennie!" she whined while snaking her hand on my waist.

"Alright, alright," I grinned, "You're hotter than all the guys I liked combined."

Now she frowned deeply, "How many guys have you liked exactly?"

I raised a brow, "I don't know, should I look in my contacts to check?"

"No, let me delete them instead," she said with gritted teeth.

I laughed and snuggled closer to her chest, "Babe don't be jealous, I'm just kidding."

She placed her arm under my head as we stared at each other up close.

"I don't want you to think I'm overly possessive but you're always making me jealous," she admitted with knitted brows.

My heart fluttered at her sincerity, I'm always lost for words whenever she's like this.

"Hey," I pushed her back a litte so I can rest on top of her, just enough so I wouldn't press on her injured parts. I almost melted on her arms once she engulfed me in a bear hug, but I tried to keep my focus despite her intoxicating scent and propped up my elbow on the bed so I could look at her directly in the eyes, "I love you because you saw through me. To be honest, I'm not even sure if there's a reason, but I knew that it would hurt to lose you. The last person that made me smile like you did was my real dad, and after him no other guy made me this happy. Sure there are a bunch of hot guys out there, but why would it matter if I only want to be in your arms like this?"

"Jen..." her jaw tightened while her doe eyes told me a million things that words couldn't express. She has the most beautiful eyes, and the way she stares at me makes me feel beautiful too.

Like it's kissing away all my flaws and insecurities.

She held her breath, then swallowed dry. Both of her hands cupped my cheeks as she studied me.

"Marry me someday," she blurted out, "Or marry me right now. I don't think I could ever let you go. Just stay here in my arms. I've got money to provide for you, our family. Crap, I just love you so much I want to marry you right now."

I went breathless, or maybe I was out of words. Or maybe both. Once again, all her doing. She loves so deeply that she's willing to drown with me. I don't think I'd ever want to be saved from her love.

"Baby say something," she wipes her thumb on my cheek, "I love to hear your voice, to hear that you love me back and you're as crazy as I am. You could tell me I'm just insane and I'd still smile upon hearing your voice."