twenty four

From Lisa: not really into these stuff but good morning

My lips stretched out into a smile the moment I woke up to her text. We talked on the phone all night, talking about so many things that we both could ever think of, until I fell asleep while she's still on the line.

I quickly typed a reply.

To Lisa: good morning to you too lisa

And I typed another one.

To Lisa: not into these stuff i see.. 😏

After a few seconds, I received her reply.

From Lisa: yeah but doing it anyways bcoz im into u :--)

I laughed because of her cheesy line. Clearly she isn't fond of these stuff as she says, but somehow I find her attempts to be such a turn on.

"Looks like someone's in a good mood," Rosé notices my smile while driving.

"Yeah?" I glanced at her, still with a smile, "Just happy that all the hardwork paid off. Today's the last day so our team's going out tonight, wanna come?"

She shook her head, "Have fun Unnie, you deserve this night out," she waves her hand.

We went too early today as I have a lot of things to prepare for, that there weren't much students yet, only school personnel. Rosie went straight to the cafeteria while I went to the function hall.

My eyes roamed around the hall, wondering if she's already here when I felt someone suddenly placed a hand on my shoulder.

I excitedly turned around, only for my smile to falter when I realized that it's Kai.

"Jennie let's talk, please," Kai says in a very desperate voice.

My heart dropped seeing how wasted he looked. Dark circles were all over his eyes like he hasn't slept since the day I called it off with him. His bloodshot eyes were pleading, his clothes were even crumpled, very unlike him.

"Kai..." I slowly shook my head, "Please don't be like this. We already talked it over."

"No Jen I can't let you go like this!" he shouted, "Can't you see how much I love you? How can you be this heartless?"

He suddenly stepped forward. I flinched when I remembered how he kissed me the last time so I hastily took two steps back, only to bump into something behind me.

"All good here?"

I quickly looked up to see Lisa with her jaw clenched and her eyes stern. I can feel her anger building up.

"Fuck off Manoban," Kai answers coldly before snatching my wrist, "Let's go talk somewhere else."

I tried to get away from his hold to protest but he was firmly holding me.

"Kai stop it!" I cried.

That was when I felt her protectively wrapping an arm on my waist, slamming me back on her body while her other arm snatched back my hand from Kai.

"She said stop it," Lisa hissed, and although I couldn't see her face, I can imagine her furiously glaring.

Kai's eyes went down to Lisa's arm on my waist, creasing his forehead as he did so and advanced forward.

"Why can't you ever stick your nose to your own fucking business?!"

I was quickly pulled back by Lisa, keeping me behind her with one swift move.

"My business?" I heard her sarcastic laugh, "You still don't get it, do you? YOU fucking stay away from MY girl."

My heart thumped when Lisa referred to me as her girl, revealing it to Kai that she was the reason I ended everything between us.