nineteen

LISA'S POV

"She's sick," Bambam says.

"Sick?" Jackson asked.

"Yeah," Bambam waved his hand in front of my face, which I chose to ignore.

I grew annoyed only when his head blocked my line of sight, trying to see where I was looking.

"There," he points his finger at Jennie which I quickly held down before anyone sees. He turned to Jackson and grinned, "Lisa's love sick. It's obviously because of Ms. Responsible."

Jackson fake-gasped and covered his mouth with his hand, "Ms. Irresponsible is in love with Ms. Responsible?"

I glared at the two and crossed my arms, "Stop it you guys. I'm not in love with anyone... and I'm not that irresponsible," I lightly denied.

They're making it seem like Jennie and I are too different to be together. I hate it.

I propped my elbows on the table and rested my chin on my intertwined hands while trying to glance at her.

I watched as she smiled at her friends while eating her food the most gracious way possible.

Come on gorgeous, look at me.

Jesus Christ. I want to hold her so bad, but we're at school. I'm sure we'll be the talk of the whole school if I even try to touch her fingertips.

I sighed frustratedly.

We both have reputations. And mine will surely taint hers if I wouldn't be careful. Also, I don't think she's ready to tell anyone yet, other than her friends, perhaps.

And tell what? That we're more than friends but less than... lovers?

Lovers, huh...

Jackson grins while leaning back, "Yeah, right? Lisa isn't the kind to be in love unless it's part of a deal."

Confusion flooded my mind at his statement, a mix of anger, annoyance and guilt coming through me as I remembered the deal.

"What deal?" Bambam didn't know.

"It's Jennie," Jackson looked around as he continued leaning to Bambam and whispered something I couldn't hear.

Bambam's eyes widened then flickered his eyes on me, "What the fuck Lis? Is that true?"

I angrily looked at Jackson and gritted my teeth, "Not anymore. Forget about it," I said in a low tone.

Confusion was evident on him as he tried to search for some answers on my eyes, until he settled to nod slowly, like he realized something, "Alright, if that's what you want."

I don't fucking want to act all irresponsible, reckless of anything like that if Jennie's gonna be involved. In fact, I don't want to be one at all. It's a shame to be one if she's the complete opposite.

"So..." Jackson trailed off, trying to sense if I'm good, "Jennie, huh?"

Bambam snickered, "Looks like Miss Irresponsible really is in love."

I rolled my eyes at him before shifting my gaze towards Jennie once again, "It's still not that, Bam."

I stared intently at her, hoping she can sense that I'm looking her way.

And as if someone up there heard me, her feline eyes took a glimpse on me like an answered prayer.

Slow motion scenes on romance movies have no match to my world when she glanced, I almost stopped the time, but I wasn't even disappointed when she looked away quickly.