nine

LISA'S POV

"You must be Lisa?" Mr. Park asked me as he put down the newspaper he was reading.

I extended my hand and gave him a small smile, "Yes sir. I'm Rosé and Jennie's friend."

Upon mentioning Jennie's name, I noticed the latter look away awkwardly.

"I'm Andrew," he shook my hand and smiled, "I heard a lot about you from Rosé. I'm glad you took time to visit her."

"Lisa hun is that you?" Aunt Jas came rushing to the living room. I was surprised to see her with glistening eyes, like she's about to cry. She quickly held me in a hug.

"Aunt Jas," I greeted her as I pulled away from the short hug.

"You came to see her right?" she asked hopefully.

And then it struck me how serious Rosé's condition might be. Her family is really worried because it's not the first time it happened. They're worried that Rosé might get worse.

I gave her a sympathetic smile, "Please don't worry too much. Rosé is strong, she'll get over this. I'll do everything to help her."

Mr. Park wrapped his arms on his wife's shoulder as she began to cry lightly. "Thank you so much Lisa," he voiced out.

Jennie cleared her throat, "I'll take you to her room," she said with dreary eyes.

Side by side, we proceeded to Rosé's room silently. Their house is enormous, it's evident that they were from a wealthy family.

"You don't know how much it means to our family," she suddenly broke the silence, "Thank you for assuring mom. She was really worried these days."

Jennie looks so tired and her eyes... flickered guilt. I can't help but feel that I somewhat made her feel more guilty. 

I looked at her sad eyes and sighed, "You're tired too," I simply stated my observation, making her turn to me and meet my eyes.

I gave her a gentle squeeze in the shoulder, "Look after yourself too. Rest if you must. How else can you be strong for your family if you're not at all healthy?"

I wish I wasn't stepping over a line. I'm aware that we're not really friends but I was just looking out for her too..

God I sounded like a totally different person.

She pursed her lips like she was about to say something but ended up sealing it and shrugging, "I guess... thanks," she mumbled while looking down, that I almost didn't hear her say it.

We stopped in front of a familiar door that I once entered before. My mind went back to the last time I was in Rosé's room... when we kissed.

"I hope her fever has gone down now," Jennie said as she knocked gently before opening the door, "Rosie?"

Jennie opened the door wider so I followed her inside. There I saw Rosé laying, shifting as she turned her back on us.

"I'm fine Jennie," she said in a raspy voice. She sounds sick. I also noticed how she called Jennie by her first name instead of 'Unnie'.

My eyes flew to the tray of food next to her bed with medicine beside it. It seems like she didn't even touch any of it.

"Rosie please don't be like this," frustration and sadness was evident in Jennie's voice, "You should at least eat for you to get better."

"I said I'm fine," Rosé said sharply.

I noticed how Jennie gripped the sides of her skirt, probably holding back her frustration.