twenty

LISA'S POV

To Jennie: Hey beautiful. Where are you?

I stared at my phone for a while, waiting for a response.

I blinked once, still no response. Until I couldn't count how many times I've blinked anymore, and I still got nothing in 30 minutes.

Maybe she's busy doing school errands?

I let it go, wishing I could just bump into her in the hallways. But the day ended without me seeing her so I had to send another one.

To Jennie: You home?

I frowned while yawning. I didn't get a good sleep last night, trying to check from time to time if she replied, but up until now she hasn't.

"Why don't you call?" Seulgi suggested as she sips on her coffee. We're at the office, she's busy writing some article for the school paper while I was resting on the couch.

I looked up at her and raised a brow, "Huh?"

"You've been staring at that phone for more than half an hour already," she shrugged then continued on her work.

I contemplated if I should deny whatever she's thinking, but decided to just play it cool with Seulgi, "Maybe she's busy."

"I didn't think you're that type," she chuckled, "I've always heard of you hooking up with half of the girls' population in school without lasting long on any of them. Meaning, no attachments at all."

I flinched when I was proved once again of how dirty my reputation is in this school. I wonder how Jennie would put into words the things she's heard about me.

I propped my elbows on my knees and dropped my head on my hands, "Yeah, but that was before," before I met her.

I couldn't explain it myself. These days I haven't entertained any other girl that tries to flirt nor seduce me. Like all of them suddenly lost their charms and I couldn't be lured in anymore, unless it's the charms of my favorite pair of feline eyes.

"What changed?" she peeked through her laptop with a teasing smile.

I grabbed the throw pillow on the couch and threw it on her head, but she just caught it.

"Just work on your article, Seulgi."

"Alright," she smiled brightly without looking at me, "I've seen your shots on your camera. Make sure to upload some on the cloud once in a while."

"I will, I'll just sort them out first."

"Yeah, I suggest you create folders for different categories. And another one for Jennie," she grinned without looking at me, "Just save that Jennie folder for yourself, no need to upload it."

My mouth hang open, I was ready to deny everything when she closed her laptop and leaned back on her chair.

"Relax, Lis. I won't tell anyone," she calmly said with a smile, "Though I admit I didn't see that coming. Who would've thought?"

I frowned, "Not you too."

She laughed, obviously entertained, "I didn't mean anything by that. You two look good together—if that's not one-sided?" she raised a brow.

I slouched with her question, not knowing how to answer. I mean, I think we're on good terms?

I was quickly distracted when my phone buzzed, my hopes getting up, until I realized that it wasn't her.

From Rosé: I'm fine now. Thanks for being there, you definitely made things easier for me

I smiled slightly and typed a reply right away.