thirty three

Merry Christmas everyone!

LISA'S POV

I watched as she walked ahead of me while laughing with Irene, her laugh never actually reaching her eyes.

"Whipped," I hear Seulgi mutter beside me with a smug smile on her face.

I glared at her, "Like you aren't."

She grinned and nodded, taking Irene's hand with her. I noticed Jen looking at the small gesture and wished I could do the same with her, but I don't want to risk people finding out and telling Rosie before Jennie does.

"Goodnight you two," Irene smiled at Jennie and I, while Seulgi kept that annoying grin on her face to mock me.

We continued walking in silence as we reached her car.

"I'll tail you," I told her as I glanced at my bike.

She shifted on her feet uncomfortably, "No, I.."

"Hey," I stepped closer, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she stares up at me with a flushed face, "I just wanted to ride with you. I miss riding it."

"Jennie you can't. You know it since the accident, and you know we can't here," I softened my voice at the end.

She rolled her eyes, "Fine."

I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration and heaved a deep sigh before grabbing her arm just when she was about to enter her car.

"Seriously Jen, what's the problem here?" I asked seriously, hating that I can't read her mind at the moment.

"Nothing," she quietly says.

"It's obviously not nothing," I insisted.

She bit her lip and stayed silent, torturing me with each passing second.

I really can't stand my ground with her. It's like any time, I'd bend my rules for her, just to make her happy.

"Alright, you can ride with me if that's what you want."

"No," she firmly said, confusing the hell out of me.

Sometimes girls can really be confusing.

"Then what's the problem? Do you hate me being overprotective?"

"It's not that..." she looks away.

"Then what?"

"Nothing Lisa," she sounds annoyed.

"Obviously it's fucking not!" I unintentionally raised my voice making her wince.

Goddamit.

I took a step closer out of panic, "I'm sorry baby, it's just..."

My heart swelled when I saw a deeper frown on her lips.

"I know. I was also pushing you, I'm sorry. I'm just not feeling well."

I want to pull her into my arms but reminded myself not to, not here. Jennie will probably freak out if I do it here.

"Let's get you home then," I frowned. "Do you want me to drive?"

She shook her head, her eyes look tired.

I can't help but reach for her small hands but she flinched when I did.

"What's wrong?" I asked, dropping my hands on my sides.

"We can't, remember?" she snapped, a little too harsh.