thirty one

JENNIE'S POV

"Where's Chaeng?" Jisoo approached me with a frown on her face.

I almost jumped in surprise.

"Well, good morning to you too."

She rolled her eyes at me. Look who's so grumpy today.

"So where is she?"

"Chaeng?" I asked while she impatiently nodded, "I don't know, probably in her class?"

"What? Isn't she sick or something? I thought she didn't come to school today."

My brows furrowed, "We came here together."

She runs her fingers on her hair as she sighed and look far away, "She isn't in her class, her friend even said she wasn't on her previous class either."

"What? But she's certainly fine earlier," I said while quickly taking out my phone to call her.

"I tried calling her already, she isn't answering," she says but I ignored her and proceeded to calling my sister.

"Damn it Rosie," I gave up after calling thrice.

"Where could she be?" Jisoo asked worriedly.

I shrugged, dragging her with me as we looked around.

"Why were you looking for her anyways?" I asked.

"I was, uh, there to tell her that our meeting tonight will be held at the auditorium. You know, the performance we've been preparing for will be in a week so we're planning to have it practiced at the stage."

"Yeah, she told me that..." I said, still looking around, "But you could've just texted her though."

"My class was just near hers so..."

"You know her schedule?" I shot a brow up at her.

"No," she was quick to deny, "She's just always around during my Science class, I can't help but notice."

I just nodded.

Where the hell is Rosé? We've been looking for her for a couple of minutes already and she still hasn't called back. Jisoo have a class coming up so I basically just pushed her to go already and I'll just update her. Jesus, she was so hard headed I almost thought she's the real sister of Rosie.

I was about to head to the school clinic when I heard Kai call my name.

"Hey, you okay?" he asks worriedly, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I didn't mind, the gesture was friendly. I'm glad that he's actually making an effort to make amends with our friendship lately.

I nodded as I tried to catch my breath, "Have you seen Rosé?"

"No, why?"

"She didn't come to her class today although we came here together, she's not answering my calls either."

"Maybe she got sick and went home?" he suggested.

I shook my head, "She would've told me. I'll go ask in the clinic if she went there."

"I'll go with you," he took my hand and I froze for a second, but when he turned to me again, I saw genuine on his eyes as he nodded towards the way to the clinic, "Let's go."

Together we went to the clinic, but along the way we bumped into Irene and Seulgi.

The smile on Irene's face as she annoyed the hell out of the sulky Seulgi vanished the moment she spot me. Her eyes turned to Kai, and then into our hands.