Chapter 2.

Manik and Nandini were in a shock seeing each other face to face after 5 years. All those sweet and bitter memories struck their minds once again.

Nandini couldn't believe it that manik is the one that is here for navya's alliance, but then she remembers her papa saying for the elder brother which meant cabir.

"Areh Nandini Kya hua" Nandini's thoughts gets interrupted

"Bring him in" Sanjay says, Nandini blinks her eyes a few times as the tears were forming in the eyes.

"H-haan" Nandini's voice cracks, manik walks past her to the main room where everyone was sitting.

"This is my daughter Nandini she's a doctor" Sanjay introduces Nandini.

"Hi beta" Nyonika greets her

"Areh mujhe aisa Kyun lagta hain ki Maine tumhe kahi toh dekha hain" Nandini gets shocked hearing that, she looks at manik who also looks at her.

"Haan nyonika ji shayad college mein because she used to go to the same college as your son manik" devyani says, Nandini sighs in relief.

"Really so do you guys know each other?" Dev asks both manik and Nandini.

"NO!" Both shout in unison, everyone gets shocked

"I- I mean no we don't" Nandini looks down in embarrassment.

"Hain bhagwan please please Yeh rishta na ho warna I'll have to see this monster manik forever ugh" Nandini silently prays to god.

"So Nandini Rohan navya aap log manik cabir aur pooja ko ghar dikhao while we adults talk something in private" Sanjay says

Cabir, navya, pooja and Rohan were about to stand up

"Koi zaroorat nahi hain" Nandini and manik Both say again, as everyone sits back down in shock

"I mean of course zaroorat hain come on" Nandini forces a smile. They all get up and go upstairs to the show the balcony garden that Nandini and navya decorated.

All of them go up together, Nandini and manik avoid each other.

Nandini stops as she gets call.

"Haan bolo" she says as everyone stops with her

"Areh you guys carry on I'll join you after this phone call" she tells everyone.

"No meera im not talking to you aur woh anand ka Kya hua uski family aayi?" Nandini says loudly, manik stops his tracks as he hears anand. He knew the persons name was anand that he admitted maybe Nandini was his doctor.

"Okay fine bye" Nandini cuts the call, she looks up at manik who was staring at her while others were gone.

Nandini rolls her eyes and was about to leave.

"Ek min" manik calls her. Nandini stops and turns around with an annoyed face.

"What" she says coldly

"Woh tum jo abhi anand ki baat kar rahi thi" manik says

"Excuse me how dare you listen to my conversation" Nandini says

"Oh hello miss Nandini Murthy mujhe koi shock nahi hain I was just asking because that anand guy I was the one who admitted him" manik says, Nandini looks at him shocked.

"What?!" Nandini shouts.

"You know what I should've known jab meri receptionist ne kaha ki woh aadmi koi badtameez, careless aur coward insaan hain jo sirf apni problems se bhagta hain" Nandini crosses her arms and taunts manik. He gets angry on hearing that.