Chapter 18.

"Haan of course dad whatever you say" manik agrees with him, everyone looks at him shocked as they know it's not possible.

"Manik this is not—" Nandini was about to say something but manik cuts her off

"Areh Yeh sab baatein toh hoti rahegi let dad rest" manik says, Nandini takes a deep breath and pauses there. Everyone leaves leaving dev to rest.

Nandini puts the files back and joins the rest outside.

"Manik tumne dev ko haan kyun bola you know his condition" Nyonika says to manik

"Exactly uncle abhi abhi hosh mein aaye hain and it takes time to recover" Nandini agrees

"Mom if this is what dad wants then we should do it kyunki agar hum nahi karte toh Dad won't stop thinking about it you know what's his like" manik tries to convince Nyonika

"Uncle jaise bhi ho manik he's not well right now as a doctor mein percussion nahi deh sakti to give him a early discharge" Nandini argues between and she was saying reasonable points as well.

"But sometimes hospital mein patient aur zyada chid chida aur depressed ho jata it's better to take them home" manik says, Nandini looks down disagreeing while the others think about it

"Manik I know more about this and from a doctors perspective this is wrong I can't let you take uncle like this" Nandini replies back, he looks up at he rin frustration.

"Nandini I think manik is right kabhi kabhi patient ko family zyada zaroori hain then all this hospital aur waise bhi the engagement kuch hi time chalne wali hain" Sanjay says, Nandini furrows her eyebrows.

"Lekin dad it's not about that uncle ko rest ki zaroorat hain he just had a heart attack and a heart surgery mujhe nahi lagta Yeh sab thik rahega" Nandini says.

"Haan beta you're right as well Lekin ab dev bohot zidd kar rahe hain and don't worry we will take care of him" Nyonika also agrees

"Nandini sab thik keh rahe hain dev ji ko abhi pyaar ki aur saath ki zaroorat hain" devyani says, Nandini had no choice but to agree and she also knew they will take care of him.

"Okay but I can't give a discharge today mein shayad kal deh sakti hoon and then the engagement can take place the day after if that's okay with you guys" Nandini says and specifically looks at manik because he was the one who had problems.

"That's fine" manik says, Nandini nods her head.

"I'll get the discharge papers ready" Nandini says and was about to leave but devyani stops her.

"Nandini" She says, Nandini turns around

"Haan maa" she replies

"Yeh sab kaam karke seedhe ghar pe jaana please have some rest" devyani says, Nandini looks down.

"Nahi maa I have so much work sab khatam karke Ji aaongi" Nandini says

"No Nandini bimar ho jaungi" devyani replies back

"Don't worry maa mein itni bhi weak nahi hoon" Nandini smiles and leaves.

Nandini finishes her appointments and it was around 5pm she decides to go home. Dev was still on the hospital and as per rule no one was allowed to stay with him but Nandini made sure he was kept under observation at all times.

As Nandini was about to open her car door her phone rings.

It was her dad

"Bolo Papa" Nandini answers her phone

"Nandini beta tum hospital mein hi ho?" Sanjay asks

"Haan but im leaving right now" Nandini says