Chapter 29.

Manik and Nandini head to Nandini's home where even manik parents were present. It was sound 1:45am when both of them reached home.

The family came running towards them.

"Nandini manik Tum dono thik toh ho na" Nyonika says hugging manik, she sees his injured hand.

"Aur manik tumko tumko Yeh kaise laga Are you okay na beta" Nyonika worries

"Haan Mom mein thik hoon" manik assures her, the family sighs

"Lekin hua Kya tha" Dev asks

"Haan Kya hua tha and Tum dono saath mein" navya asks

Nandini and manik sit down and narrate the story to the family. The family was shocked but also were thankful to manik for saving Nandini.

"Thank you manik beta Pata nahi mein tumko kaise shukriya karu I mean-" Sanjay says but manik stops him

"Nahi nahi uncle aap please aise thank you mat boliye" manik says, maniks parents feel proud of him.

"Jitna aap Nandini se pyaar karte hai utna mein bhi karta hoon" manik mumbles under his breath

"Huh?" Sanjay asks as he couldn't hear him properly

"Nahi nahi kuch nahi" manik smiles, Nandini looks at him as she clearly heard what he said.

"I need to rest" Nandini gets up

"Haan Haan beta jao soh jao take some rest okay" Nyonika says to her, Nandini smiles.

She looks at manik, he looks at her. Both of them have an eye contact, she takes a deep breath and turns around leaving.

Nandini goes to her room and thinks about all the things manik said.

"No no Nandini tum phirse trust nahi kar sakti" she tells herself

"I need to do something to keep him away from me Aur sabse important mere feelings se dur bhagna padega"

She eventually sleeps thinking about whatever happened today. It was a day full of mixed emotions.

————

On the other hand manik was laying on his bed, with his hand resting on his stomach, Nandini had told him to keep it like that as it could be painful.

"Nandini mein Tumhe kaise dikhao how much I love you and I always have"

"I know Meri ek galati ke wajah se I fucked up your trust and our whole relationship Lekin I'll promise mein phirse sab kuch theek kar dunga" manik thinks to himself, he also sleeps.

The next day Nandini gets ready for another one of her usual days at the hospital.

"Nandini Yeh Kya hai tum hospital ja rahi ho" Sanjay says

"Haan papa of course" she replies

"Lekin kal ke baad"

"Don't worry mein 2 hours ke liye hi jaa rahi hoon and I'll be home soon mein thik hoon I promise" Nandini assures, she gives him a hug.

"Acha sun aaj na Malhotra's dinner ke liye aa rahe hai so we can decide ke navya Aur cabir ki shaadi ke baare mein" Sanjay says, Nandini stops. She turns around

"A-aaj?" She asks

"Haan Kyun Kya hua" he asks

"Kuch nahi mein Bas abhi jaake aati hoon" Nandini leaves

"Shit shit jisse dur bhag rahi hoon wahi aa jaate hai saamne aise toh—" Nandini shakes her head and leaves.

At the hospital, Nandini was just checking some patients files. She hears a knock on the door, she looks up.