Chapter 23.

The engagement party was soon finished, Nandini sits down on the sofa after all the guest left leaving it only with Nandini's and Maniks family

Everyone was very tired, both the families sit around each other chit chatting while the servants are cleaning everything up.

"Mein thodi help karti hoon" Nandini says getting up but she was really tired and everyone could see it as she was helping since the morning.

"Areh Nandini Tum betho you look really tired" Nyonika says. Nandini smiles

"Nahi aunty I'm fine" Nandini replies and goes to help put down everything and clean all the mess.

"Tum sab Kya bethe ho go help Nandini too" Nyonika says to manik, pooja and Rohan.

The three of them get annoyed and stand up rolling their eyes.

"Yeh Nandini kudh toh shaanti se beth thi nahi hain aur humhe bhi nahi bethne deti" Rohan says under his breath, but manik hears him and smiles a little.

They all separate to help in different areas as the hall was big. Manik goes around Nandini who was in the kitchen.

Nandini turns around from the bench and looks at him. She gets surprised seeing him there. Manik looks at her with a smile.

"Tum yaha Kya kar rahe ho" Nandini asks, manik doesn't say anything and keeps smiling looking at her.

Nandini was confused. Manik looks down and starts walking closer to her.

Nandini gets nervous a little and starts taking steps backward.

With every step that manik takes closer to Nandini she moves backwards from him. This keeps going on until she hits the kitchen bench.

Her breathing gets heavy, manik comes extremely close to her now and looks at her. Nandini's heart starts to beat fast as she could feel now close manik was to her.

Manik bends closer to Nandini leaning in for a kiss to tease her. Nandini closes her eyes tightly and holds the bench tightly.

Nandini smirks and puts his arms around her waist but instead grabs the glass from behind. He gives a wide smile and moves away.

As he moves away he clicks in front of Nandini trying to get her to open her eyes.

"Tumne apni aankhen Kyun band kari?" Manik teases her

"H-Haan Kya" Nandini hesitates and as she realises what manik was doing

"Maine poocha why did you close your eyes" manik asks again annoying her

"Woh mujhe laga ki tum mujhe ki—" Nandini stops half way.

"Mujhe Kya?" Manik tries to hold in his laugh

"Mein toh sirf Yeh glass Le raha tha" manik shows the glass, Nandini looks at the glass and then him. She felt like running away from there.

"Oh acha" Nandini says and turns around pretending to clean the bench.

Manik goes to her and bends down to whisper in her ears.

"If you want a kiss then you can ask me" manik says, Nandini turns around Looks at him shocked. Manik gives her a wink.

"Chiii I was not even thinking that" Nandini says

"Sure" manik says sarcastically

"Chalo ek baat toh pakki hain that I still have that effect on you" manik smiles and leaves from here. Nandini was confused and watches him go.