Chapter 5.

Nandini gets up quickly, the rain was getting heavier and she couldn't find any taxis or not even rickshaws around that she can safely reach home.

She walks around a bit and there was no cars about for lifts as well. She remembers something and takes her phone out. She calls up for an Uber, it was 20 minutes away so she still had time.

She goes inside the police station to find out why the police took her name when she didn't file any complaint

"Sir" Nandini goes the police

"Areh aap ji boliye" the police replies politely

"Mujhe mr Anand ki complaint file dekhni hain" she asks.

"Lekin the matter is over right" the police asks

"Haan mujhe sirf dekhna hain Because apparently Maine yeh case kiya hain" the police nods and hands over the file she checks the name.

"Yaha pe toh chandini likha hain" Nandini whispers to herself

"Chandini matlab anand ki wife"

"Shayad police ne galati se Nandini keh diya hoga" Nandini says in her head.

"Sir Kya mujhe Yeh file ki copy mil sakti hain" Nandini asks, the police hesitates at the start but trusts her.

He hands her the copy, Nandini takes the papers and puts it in her purse.

She heads outside after thanking the police, there she sees a car.

"Shayad meri Uber aa gayi hain" Nandini goes to the car but is unable to see the persons face as the rain was still heavy.

She goes to the car. The person rolls down the windows

"Aa—" Nandini was about to say something but she stops as she sees manik.

"Car mein betho Dad told me to take you home mein nahi chahta tumhare wajah se aur nahi probelm ho" manik says without looking at her, Nandini rolls her eyes.

Another car comes there. Nandini turns around and looks it was her Uber.

"Bohot ego hain na tum mein" Nandini says as she puts her hands in her purse to reach out for the paper.

She takes the papers and throws it at him inside his car. Manik flinches as the papers hit his face.

"I was right tum aaj tak nahi badle manik you're the same egotistic person I knew 5 years ago jisse sirf dusro ko hurt karna aata hain aur kuch nahi" Nandini says to him angrily yet calmly.

"Lekin mein woh Nandini nahi hu that you used to know jo kuch nahi kar sakti . Tumhare dhokhe ne mujhe hurt toh bohot kiya Lekin ek lesson bhi sikhaya"

"So thank you Mr Manik Malhotra" Nandini says and leaves to go to the Uber. Manik was taken back by seeing Nandini like this.

She's right she has changed because the Nandini her knew never used to speak up like that to anyone.

Nandini opens the door of the Uber but she turns around looking at manik once more, she takes a deep breath and sits down and closes the door. The Uber drives off.

Manik looks at the papers, he sees the name which said chandini not Nandini.

"Police ne toh Nandini kaha tha-" manik thinks but then he remembers something.

"Ek min sorry I mean chan—"

"Police toh shayad chandini ka naam lene waale the Lekin Dad aur sab aa gaye and me Maine Nandini ko kitna kuch keh diya" manik curses himself