Jaan (Life)

It had 2 months swara slipped in unconscious state. She woke up in spells everytime screaming for sanskar then she would faint. Everyone took care of her like a delicate flower. Every minute someone was sitting next to her.

She could hear weired ringing sound in her ears.

Swara promise me you would raise our kid.. ahhha swara...she could see herself being pushed to safety while the bullet piercing into his body splurging the blood. His body helplessly rolling down the stairs.

His painful look while arjun picked him and blood dripped on his eyelid. How she held him on her lap that final good bye kisss...

Good bye kisss no never her sanskar can't betray her. He won't leave her the restlessness grew and she started shaking vigorously. Sujata was beside her she held her thinking it was just an episode like other days but today it was different.

Today finally she was opening her eyes diving in complete conciousness. Her lying strature ached a lot.

The light hit her iris badly she shut her eyes again opening it adjusting to light.

She at once sat upright on the bed her body was stiff due to lying continuously. She wished all this was a nightmare and it would pass on as she opens her eyes. Her Sanskar would be close to her she found herself engulfed in an motherly hug.

Sujata: I am so happy to see you awake. It's been such a longtime that you were sleeping.

Swara could sense some void. Then she heard another sweet voice on the door chirping. Ragini at once ran towards her sister hugging her with immense love.

Ragini: I missed you so much di.. you just scared all of us.

Laksh also walked behind her giving her an reassuring smile. Her throat had dried she asked for some water. Ragini filled in a glass and helped her drink it.

Finally swara asked the question she was longing for a longtime.

Swara: Sanskar...how is Sanskar?

Badi Rani sa: Laksh summon the doctor that swara has gained conciousness.

Sujata( holding her hand): Now that you are awake i will take utmost care of my daughter and grandchild. No harm would reach you both.

Her words pulled her towards sanskar again. Were they avoiding her question. No it must be just that Sanskar was recovering. Everyone didn't want to stress her.

She remembered how much he was wounded. His body covered in blood and he also had to undergo brain surgery. So, he must be resting for sure. No for brain surgery he would have been abroad or mumbai. Her chain of thoughts broke when doctor entered followed by the nurse.

Doctor: I would request you all to wait outside. I need to check her.

Everyone left the space.

Dr. Rana: So good to see you recovering. Your baby is also growing well as per last sonography. Soon we will have an anomaly scan.

Swara: Anomaly scan it would be done in 5th month.

Dr.Rana: Swara this is your fifth month.

Swara: Fifth month....How is that possible the incident happened yesterday last day of Navratri on occasion of Dussehra. It's my third month Dr Rana.

Dr Rana: Listen swara just calm down we will talk on this topic later.

She doesn't know whether she was listening to anything but after all just one question she wished to ask.

Swara: Dr.Rana how is Sanskar?

Doctors body stiffened at the question which she sensed by his grip on her pulse which he was examining. He seemed tongue tied and then he stammered a little. All this was making swara scared she at once felt a sharp pain running right through her tummy. She left out a scream.