23. Champion

"Shawn?"

A hand grasped mine as he stood over me while a ambulance medic put a needle into my arm "Your okay. Stay with me" he said holding my hand tight. I gulped as I looked up at him.

"How did they know where to strike? Nobody knows but you" I whispered as pain surged down my whole leg from the knee, I yelled snd Shawn gripped both of my hands.

The medic looked at him "We are going to have to knock her out" he told Shawn, he looked down at me worried "Is there any family I should be calling?"

"No family" I said tightening my hold on Shawn's hands, I looked at the medic "Shawn or Mark, they are the only two."

The man had already given the medicine through IV to knock me out, Shawn kept a hold on my hands.

"Adrienne-"

The last thing I saw was his mouth moving before I went into a sleep.

*2:01am*

I woke up in a hospital bed and couldn't move, I could hear someone arguing in a corner.

"She won't want you to worry yourself half to death. You need rest."

"I'm not leaving, Hunter. You can get the hotel to send our stuff here. She needs me."

"Man, I don't like this. Savage told me he walked in a phone call between Vince's secretary and him. He is thinking about taking Adri out of WWF."

I felt my heart break as I listened in but kept my eyes closed, a tear fell down my cheek and I tried to blink it away as fast as possible so nobody could see it.

"What? I'll go over there and kick his ass too. She isn't leaving WWF. I will make sure of that" Shawn hissed at Hunter. I heard Hunter sigh.

"Whatever. Shawn, just don't do anything stupid. If you are going to stay here, stay with her."

"Don't piss me off, Hunt. Just send our stuff here, please." The door closed and I heard footsteps, I opened my eyes to see Shawn looking out the window at the City.

I started to say something but, thought against it and closed my eyes to leave him alone in his thoughts.

*5:45am*

I was woken up by a woman with a needle, she made me hold out my arm "Name and birthday, sweetie" she said. I looked at the needle in fear.

"Adri Morrinon. Four, twenty, nineteen seventy four. Please don't use that thing like its a dart."

She smiled and I saw Shawn's lips curve up when I said it, she patted my hand and rubbed a alcohol swab on my arm "It won't hurt. I promise ...big stick."

She finished up and went out the door, Shawn moved from his chair to the end of my bed "I didn't know you were scared of needles" he said as he looked at me.

I shook my head and looked at the IV monitor "I have been like that since I was a kid" I told him and he moved hair from my face "I thought I heard voices earlier."

He moved his hand down my face and stood up "You did. It was Hunter, he was checking in and said he would get the hotel to bring our stuff to us" he said and leaned on the wall near the window looking out of it.

I wanted to see if he would tell me what he told Hunter, apparently not. Maybe I need to bring it up? But, then he would know I eaves dropped.

He looked at me and sent a smile "Go to sleep. I swear I will be here when you wake up" he told me, then walked over and kissed my head before sitting down in his chair.