90. Comfort

Kev drove the whole way, not stopping for nothing. We got to the hospital at one in the morning, it was Tuesday and Raw was over.

When I got to my fathers hospital room my step mother had been crying, my grandpa had his head bowed int he corner while my brothers were huddled ina  corner together.

Jed looked up when he saw me "Adrienne-"

I put a hand to my mouth as I walked over to the bed and looked down at my father, he looked like he was sleeping as my family cried, I knew then as I looked at his closed eyes and the heart monitor that he was hooked up to that he had been taken from us.

I didnt get to say goodbye.

The last words to my fathers were basically calling him a woman hitter and yelling at him, even though we told each other we loved the other through Jed, I knew I could never take back what I had said.

I put my hands on his shoulders "Dad" I said, he didnt reply so is hook him "Daddy please" my voice croaked "Dad, I need you. Please, I don't want the last words I told you to be hateful!" I was screaming now.

"Adrienne-" Jed said again but my sobs interrupted him as I fell to my knees beside his bed and put my forehead on the bed.

"Daddy, please come back. I love you" I whispered as tears fell down my cheeks, I felt someone crouch beside em and wrap me in the I arms, I didnt know who it was and I didnt care as I sat on my knees crying like a baby.

"Adrienne. You need to calm down" Shawn whispered in my ear with his arms around me "He wouldn't want you like this."

I whimpered "I didnt get to say goodbye" I whispered as I shut my eyes tight, Shawn wrapped his arms tighter around me.

"I'm here" is all he whispered after that, he let me cry in his arms as I stayed kneeled near my fathers dead body.

*

Kev got us a hotel near the house, two full sized beds, two muscled up men,a nd a heartbroken women.

I sat on the bed staring at the pitch black TV as Shawn stayed silent and Kev was in the shower. Shawn had to tote me out of the hospital a crying mess while people stared at us, it was embarrassing but I didnt care.

I just lost my father.

Shawn looked at me "Do you need anything?" He simply asked.

I sat still on the bed as I closed my eyes to hide the tears threatening to fall "Yes. I need my father" I said in a croaked rone as I put my hands on my face "I wish I had have of said those things to him."

I heard his bed creak and felt mine dip down telling mw he was sitting next to me "Adri, you couldn't have predicted this. And you know that no matter what you told him that he loves you. You are his little girl" he told me making me look up at him.

Shawn looked distant "I could see that he cared for you" he said as he looked down at me. I wrapped my arms around him in a hug and closed my eyes tight.

"I'm sorry" we whispered at the same time as he wraped his arm around me. I buried my head into his chest.

"I love you. But I dont know if we can go back to what we had, Shawn. You hit me, you have always tried to avoid it, why did you hit me in the ring?"

He was quiet for a moment, then he said "I was angry. I didnt realize I had hit you until I had already done it."

With that, the bathroom water turned off and I knew Kev had stepped out to the shower, I pulled away from Shawn and simply turned around to get under the covers. He went to get up.

"Stay. I need someone to hold me right now" I said as my voice cracked again, he obeyed and laid down beside me to wrap his arms around me.