Prologue

Tom Pov:

It's only the first week of school and I'm already being messed with by the popular kids. They think I'm weird and I deserve to die, but I'm not ready to die yet, no matter how depressed I am.

I get pushed into the lockers as everyone but the bullies standing in front of me continue walking down the hallway. I slide down the locker and I end up sitting on the floor and closely against the lockers.

I stay quiet as Stephan says, "Aww you gave up so much easier than yesterday! Where's the same weeping and begging me to stop Wimp from before? Or have you just given up completely Eyeless Freak?" I stay quiet and he gains a angry look. He kicks me in the stomach and I fall on my side as he says to Eric and Dug, "Let's go boys, he's not worth our time."

When the three boys leave I spit up blood on to the floor and shakily and slowly lift myself up on to my feet. My head is spinning and my stomach is definitely going to have a big bruise on it.

As I pick up my backpack the bell rings, signaling homeroom has started. I'm late again and this isn't the first. I then limp toward my first class.

Tord Pov:

That's it! I'm confessing to Edd tomorrow night! I'm going to make it romantic by having it in the park and bringing green and red flowers and his favorite chocolate!

"Edd, do you think we could hangout tomorrow night?" I ask Edd, who sits in front of me in homeroom.

"Well sure, but it has to be after the talent show! Oh yeah, I was going to ask if you were coming to watch me!" Edd says with such a beautiful smile that I can't help but blush and shyly look away.

"O-of course!" I happily but also quietly laugh.

"Great! I'm going to be showing off my singing skills!" Edd proudly smiles.

"I'm excited to hear it!"

In the background we hear the classroom door opening and someone being scolded, but we don't seem to notice.