Goodbye

Suicide Warning:

If you play this song with this entire chapter and you have a good imagination, it'll make you cry, I kid you not.
———
Tom Pov:

"Danny Salento was my idol, so in honor of him, I decided I'd sing one of his favorite songs," I say into the mic. "Enjoy."

I play Susan with Neo playing the piano as I begin to sing, "Loving and fighting, Accusing, denying, I can't imagine a world with you gone. The joy and the chaos, the demons we're made of, I'd be so lost if you left me alone," This song has always made me sad so I'm just hoping I don't break out crying in the middle of the song.

"You locked yourself in the bathroom, lying on the floor when I break through. I pull you in to feel your heartbeat, can you hear me screaming "Please don't leave me"?" Tears fills my eyes as the rest of the band plays along with me. "Hold on, I still want you. Come back, I still need you. Let me take your hand, I'll make it right. I swear to love you all my life. Hold on, I still need you."

"A long endless highway, you're silent beside me. Drivin' a nightmare I can't escape from helplessly praying, the light isn't fadin'. Hiding the shock and the chill in my bones," I try not to let my voice break as the rest of the people at the funeral softly cry. "They took you away on a table, I pace back and forth as you lay still. They pull you in to feel your heartbeat, can you hear me screaming, "Please don't leave me"?"

"Hold on, I still want you. Come back, I still need you. Let me take your hand, I'll make it right. I swear to love you all my life. Hold on, I still need you," I sing as I close my eyes and tears drip down my cheeks.

"I don't wanna let go, I know I'm not that strong. I just wanna hear you, saying baby, let's go home.. Let's go home.. Yeah, I just wanna take you home..." I feel myself losing my voice and as I sing the last verse. "Hold on, I still want you.. Come back, I still need you..." the piano then slowly comes to a stop and I begin to break down, I bend my knees and hug them as I begin to sob.

I hear people whispering things like, "That boy will become a perfect new Danny." and "Thomas must miss Danny as much as his family does." and just simple things like, "I love his voice."

But what really catches me off guard is a familiar voice saying, "I'm so proud of you Son." Mom?..

I immediately lift my head and see a woman turning the corner of the funeral room's exit but I can see her black braid and lily dress before she disappears. "MOM!" I drop Susan on to the stage and run to the door, this confuses everyone.

I make it to the door and I run down the hallway she went down. As I run, I can see every memory I had with my Mom on the walls, but even so, I keep my eyes straight ahead to the exit. "Mom! Please don't leave me!" I call out as tears drip off of my cheeks and fly behind me.

I run through the exit and see my Mom standing at the edge of the cliff that's near the building, my eyes widen as I run. She turns around and I see her smiling at me with tears in her eyes, I continue to sprint as I scream, "Mom! Mom don't leave me!"

I'm almost to her when she intentionally falls backward off the cliff, I scream, "MOM NO!" I make it to the edge of the cliff and accidentally fall off from running without stopping. I feel someone grab the back of my overcoat and pull me back up, but I don't pay attention to who it is as everything turns to slow motion, I watch my mom fall further down with my face turning white.

All I hear is her saying, "I have always loved you." Tears poor down my cheeks as my hearing and sight goes blurry, she then disappears within the trees down below...

"She's dead."