Sign Up

Tom Pov:

When I sit down in class after being late once again I decide to quietly hum to myself and write down lyrics of a song I made up on the way to school so I can remember it later.

Surprisingly the teachers words catch my attention, "The Talent Show is tonight so if you don't sign up right now then you can't participate!"

A Talent show? I've always wanted to be in one of those! Would it be a good idea? I don't even have a son- I look down at my many lyrics and gulp. I'll do it.

"Alright it's going away no-"

"Wait wait! I'll sign up!" I call out and quickly stand up. I walk over to the teacher and flip some pages on the clipboard to the end of the signup papers then write down my name and my talent as singing. I step away from the teachers desk where the clipboard was laying and quickly sit back down on my desk. I look down at my lyrics.

I need to finish the lyrics and write music for Susan... quickly...

I then begin to speedily write down more music.

*After School*

I decide to call up my Mom and Dad to see if they can drive me to school tonight, because if they can't then I'm just going to wait here until The Talent Show Starts, so I don't have to go home on the bus and run back under the time it would take to get here by foot.

I pull out my phone and unlock it, going to my contacts and calling my Mom. I put the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" My Moms voice says through the phone.

"Hey Mom! So there's a Talent Show tonight and I was wondering if you could drive me to school so I can grab Susan and sing in it? It would really mean a lot to me!" I say into the phone.

"Sure, I can drive you,"

I make a happy success pose, "Okay!"

"Bye,"

"Bye!"

Yes! She agreed! She barely drives me to these things! When my bus arrives I quickly get on with happiness on my face and in my step. I sit down and sigh of relief. Maybe today isn't so bad.

Tord Pov:

"What're you going to be singing?" I ask.

"Well I've always liked the song "You are my Sunshine" so I was thinking I'd sing that!" Edd says with a happy smile.

"I like that song too!"

"Are you just going to watch?"

"Yeah.. My only really good talent is my aim with guns, which I don't think the school would like me bringing a gun to school,"

Edd giggles which makes me blush and smile shyly, "Well maybe next year Tord."

"Y-yeah,"

I really like Edd...

Tom Pov:

When I come home from a long ride on the bus and open the front door, what I see almost gives me a heart attack. My Mom and Dad are both on the floor dead asleep, but the worst about it is there's alcohol bottles everywhere.

I run over to them and shake them, saying, "Mom! Dad! I have The Talent Show, remember?!" They only groan in response. I can feel tears in my eyes as I yell, "You fucking liars!" I then quickly get up and run to my room. I take my backpack off and take out my music then run over to Susan and put her and my music in her guitar case then I quickly run out the front door.

I knew today couldn't be this good...