The Talent Show

Tord Pov:

I made sure to come early to The Talent Show so I could sit in the front so Edd can see me, but I guess his other friends had the same idea since I'm sitting with a bunch of strangers which honestly really peaks my social anxiety.

Edd was the first to sign up for the talent show, so he should be the first one on stage. I can't wait to hear his singing! I bet it'll be like a angels!

When Edd comes on to the stage, he comes up to the microphone and the lights dim to make the room more relaxing.

"You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine," Edd sings which makes my heart melt. "You make me happy, when skies are grey," Edd looks down at me and smiles which makes me blush.

"You'll never know dear, how much I love you," Edd closes his eyes. "Please don't take my Sunshine away," Edd opens his eyes and they somehow twinkle in the dim light of the room.

"The other night dear, as I lay sleeping," Edd closes his eyes with a soft smile. "I dreamt I held you in my arms," Edd looks down at me again.

"When I woke dear, I was mistaking," Edd plants a hand on his chest while continuing to look at me. "So I held my head, and I cried."

Edd finishes the song and almost everyone in the room was acting like he was a superstar by cheering and whistling. Edd jumps down from the stage and takes the seat next to me because the kid that was sitting there nicely offered it to Edd and received a "Thank you" from the Angel.

"You did great!" I say after everyone else in our area is done congratulating him.

"Thanks! I did my best," Edd says and blushes slightly.

"I have something important to talk to you about, so maybe we can leave early?"

"Can we watch the show first? I really want to see my friends acts,"

"Sure! Of course!" I forgot he had other friends for a second.

The show takes at least a hour before everyones turn has been finished, so the Principal walks on stage and says into the microphone, "Alright everyone! That's all for today! I'm so happy you all came! Have a good night and I'll see you on Monday!"

As everyone starts to get up a kid with black eyes and sweat sliding down his face runs down the aisle with a guitar case in hand, yelling, "Wait! Wait! I didn't get to perform!" Everyone looks at him and respectfully starts to sit down again as he climbs on to the stage. He runs up to the Principal and says to him, "I signed up at the very end, if you look you can see my name!"

Everyone looks slightly annoyed since they don't really recognize this kid and they have things they'd like to do, but when the Principal looks at the sign up clipboard and says, "He's on it! So he's our last act!" everyone knows it's only good manners to sit down and continue to listen, the boy on stage is the only one that looks really happy.

Damnit I just want to confess to Edd! Why can't things go to plan?!

The backstage people do a favor for the panting boy and they get him a chair and a sheet music stand. He sets down his guitar case and pulls out a rather nice looking base and some sheet music. He places the sheet music on the stand and lowers the stand and the microphone down to where he can see the music and can be heard throughout the auditorium from the chair.

"Hello-" He starts to say into the microphone but the microphone makes a loud noise from him being too close which startles everyone. "Sorry! N-not used to microphones," He nervously laughs.

"Hurry up Nerd!" A kid in the back says.

"Right.. My name is Thomas Thompson and this is a song I wrote called "My Friend, Anxiety" I hope you like it!"

This better be good.

Tom Pov:

I take a deep breath and start to sing and play Susan, "I have a friend," I don't notice everyones sudden expression change from annoyed to surprised.

"He's a classy guy that obeys the rules and makes you feel like crap if you don't do it too," I pay attention to the paper like my life depends on it.

"He's a volcano of emotions that I somehow live through," I slightly smile from the fact I haven't messed up yet.

"The flames he brings on can be cooled too, just like me and you," I can feel my singing and playing becoming much more smooth from the fact I'm ignoring the crowed and just paying attention to the paper.

"I may need some help at times, but he isn't exactly the best at advice," The stage lights shining on me make me sweat a lot more than when I was running here.

"He will never be forgotten because of the shit he puts me through, yes it's true." I continue to do my best as my limbs become more loose, I can feel peoples eyes on me, which still makes me nervous.

"I love him, but I hate him, and I wish he were gone, but he's not," So many emotions flow through me as I continue the song, since I've never sang in front of anyone but my parents, which makes me very happy yet also very nervous.

"My friend, Anxiety," I was rushing all day to make this song, so I really don't know if anyone is liking it so far, but I know if I look at everyone I'll have a breakdown.

"He gives me reasons to die, but also reasons not to cry," I feel like passing out from the lights heat.

"He will never be forgotten because of the shit he puts me through, yes it's true," I can feel relief since the song is coming to a end. "For the worst or for the best," Thank Jehovah the last verse. "My Friend, Anxiety."

I close my eyes quickly to prepare myself for the booing, but instead of disapproval, I hear excited cheering and happy yells. I open my eyes to see everyone people standing up and clapping and cheering with joy.

Is this a dream? Because I don't want to wake up.

I stand up but then the heat from running here and the bright lights of the stage finally get to me and I fall down, unconscious.

———

Sorry for the awful lyrics, I'm really bad at writing songs lol