The Talk

Edd Pov:

"Just leave me alone Tord! I've had enough of your shit!" Tom yells at Tord and runs away before slamming his bedroom door behind him, leaving Tord sad and staring at where he ran off.

Tom and Tord have been having a lot of arguments lately, well more like Tom getting mad at Tord for no reason and Tord staying quiet and taking it. Tom has been getting mad at Tord constantly and drinking uncontrollably ever since his mother's death and his father being sent to prison for physical abuse of her. I'm sure Tom doesn't mean to hurt Tord, but he just doesn't see how horrible Tord feels every time he flips out.

I stand up from the couch and give Tord a hug even when he's too sad to hug back, I quietly say to him, "This is only temporary Tord, once everything cools down again I'm sure he'll be back to normal."

Tord gently pushes me away and turns the other way with his arms holding himself, he says in almost a whisper, "I don't know how much more I can take of this Edd, at this point I might just leave for good..."

"What?!" I ask in surprise with wide eyes. "What is that supposed to mean?"

Tord faces me again and replies, "You know? Maybe head to the city to make a life for myself? It's pretty obvious I'm not wanted here after all..."

"Tord," I place my hands on his shoulders and he looks at me with a serious look. "I want you here, and Matt sure does too. If this is because of Tom, you shouldn't be so drastic about making a solution to this issue like running away from home! He'll come around Tord, you just have to wai-"

"Edd, it's not just about Tom," Tord says and shakes my hands off of him, he has a look of uncertainty and certainty somehow at the same time. "I was offered a job."

"A job? Where?"

"I told you, in the big city," Tord takes a seat on the sofa chair with his elbows resting on his knees. "It's a good one too."

"Are you being serious Tord?"

Tord sighs and lowers his head as he says, "You might not understand this Edd, but everyone but me has a future planned.. and this job just might be the thing to give me something to keep living for."

"Keep you living..- Tord do you really think a occupation is all you have to live for?? Tord! You have friends right here who need you! Aren't we enough?!" I ask, getting a bit mad.

"Edd.." I look at him in confusion as he lowers his head further. "Do you trust me?"

I gulp as I slowly look away, I quietly say, "Of course Tord.. it's just..."

Tord lifts his head back up to look at me and stands up, walking over to me and placing his hands on my shoulders. He then says, "Then stop asking questions already," Tord then lets go of me and begins walking away as he says, "I'm leaving tomorrow." then he closes his bedroom door behind him. After a few seconds of silence, I lower my head and just stand there in pure sadness...