Alcoholic

Tom Pov:

I sit down in a rather comfortable sofa chair and look up at the detective, I give him a serious expression even though inside I am breaking. He has something to tell me about my Mother, I told him I didn't want to hear it but Tord kept nudging me to come and I can't say no to Tord right now.

"Hello Thomas, my name is William Davidson.. I am the person solving why your Mother committed suicide," the detective says and I silently nod. "Which I have a idea why by the state of her body before she jumped off the cliff, but I need your help to fully figure it out."

"What do I need to do?" I ask in a monotone voice as my face remains serious, I haven't smiled since my Mother died, aka, for a few days.

The detective then opens a drawer and pulls out a phone that's inside a little baggy, he slides it toward me on his desk and asks, "Is this your Mother's phone?"

"Yes," I reply. I know it's her phone since it has a very big crack in it's screen from when I was twelve and accidentally dropped it while I was playing games on it, my Father had scared me in his monster suit since it was Halloween and I dropped it on to the street pavement. "That's her phone."

"I had a feeling it was," the detective says with a sigh. "I found it at a table in the building that was currently holding Danny Salento's funeral," he gives me a soft smile. "I heard you're taking his spot in the band, you must be a pretty good singer."

"Can we please get back on topic?" I politely ask and he loses his smile, I just want to get out of here so bad...

"Yes, yes we can," the detective opens the baggy and pulls out the phone. "I have reason to believe that this phone holds a suicide note or will or maybe both, but we don't know the passcode to the phone," he holds the phone out to me. "I was hoping you might know the passcode."

I stare at the phone for a good few seconds before taking it into my hands, I press the home button and the screen turns on. He probably knew it was her phone by the fact that the lock screen is her and I smiling together, it makes my heart ache to see it.

I press the home button again and the screen where you type in the passcode opens up, I hope she didn't change it... I then slowly type in my birthday, which I hesitate on pressing enter... If this is right.. then she must've really still loved me even after three years.

I press enter and the home screen comes up, which shows a picture of her and Dad which makes me want to cry. The detective then says, "You unlocked it! Great job." and I hum in response as I hand back the phone to him.

"Can I leave now?" I ask with a expressionless face. "I need to be somewhere." That's a lie, I don't need to be anywhere.. I just want to leave so bad...

"Yes, you may go now," I stand up and walk to the door, opening it up. "If we find anything, we'll let you know."

I'm silent for a few moments before saying, "Don't bother." and leaving the room. I walk into the lobby and Tord quickly looks to me, he stands up and runs over to me as I continue to walk.

"How did it go? Did you learn anything?" Tord asks with a worried look and soft voice, he's been acting very kind to me lately and I would usually love it a lot, but part of me really couldn't care less.

"I'm going for a walk, you can go home without me," I coldly reply, ignoring the question. Tord stops walking after me as I walk out the door, I then begin walking down the sidewalk with my back slouched and my hands in my pockets.

Third Person Pov:

Tom walks for around twenty minutes before spotting a bar up ahead called "The Drunkards" with a sign on the door that says, "Happy hour has started!" Tom sighs and mutters to himself, "Fuck it..." and walks inside the bar.

In the building there is a bar, small stage, and many wooden tables, along with several drunk men that are hanging out by one side of the bar. Tom has a dead inside look as he sits at the bar, the bartender walks up to him with a face that shows he's seen guys in Tom's state before.

"What can I get ya?" The bartender asks him with a thick Scottish accent and Tom hesitates, he would usually drink beer but he feels like trying something more strong.. he wants to get numb and forget everything, which is unusual for him since he usually likes to stay sober and has a handle on his alcohol.

"Do you recommend anything.." Tom begins, getting a bit nervous since he's never really been to a bar before. "a lot stronger than beer?.."

"Ah, must be bad day aye? Let me get ya something that'll cool the nerves," the bartender then grabs a shot glass and a bottle of Smirnoff, he pours the Smirnoff into it and puts it on the counter in front of him. "This is a good ol' shot of Smirnoff, it's sure to make ya feel much better."

"Th-thanks..." Tom then picks up the shot glass and quickly drinks it, then coughs a bit since he isn't used to the amount of alcohol in one gulp.

"Are you alright there sonny?"

"Just- *Cough* -p-peachy," Tom then sighs and looks back up at the bartender. "Get me another one please."

"Alrighty," After the next one, Tom continued to take more and more shots until he finally requested to drink from a bottle, which the bartender was hesitant to let him but obliged since Tom did have enough to pay for it.

After many hours of drinking and the day slowly turning to night, Tom is on the brink of passing out but yet still says, "H-hand me a- *Hiccup* -another one bartender.." as the large pile of bottles and shots litter the counter around him.

"Sorry mate, but I'm gonna have to cut ya off. You're too drunk to even stand..." the bartender says with a worried look, he knew this guy was hurting.. but didn't know he was hurting this much!

"La- *Hiccup* -Lame.." Tom slurs and stands, stumbling as he walks away. Tom walks out of the bar and down the sidewalk, even though he's so incredibly shit face, he still knows his way home like the back of his hand...