Graduation

Oh boy
———
Tord Pov:
*Three Years Later*

After the graduation ceremony everyone steps outside and throws their hats into the air, the floor is then littered with graduation caps. The school's speakers then play music and everyone dances in their gowns.

"I've longed for this day!" Edd says and raises his arms in celebration. "Graduation has to be the Heaven's gates itself!"

"A bit dramatic don't you say?" I reply to Edd's excitment.

"You're one to talk! You were sobbing when Tom went on the stage!" Edd says and I blush in embarrassment.

"You were?!" Tom asks and looks at me with a lovey look as he grabs on to my arm.

"Ugh.." I groan and Tom cuddles my arm, Edd gives me a smirk and makes the pointer and a-okay signs with his hands, I glare at him and blankly say, "Shut up." Suddenly a crowd runs at me and picks me up, which makes me yell, "Woah!"

"Tord! Tord! Tord!" The people chant and I blink in confusion, they all then yell, "Our king!!" as they throw me up into the air. I never got THIS much attention.. but I really like it.

After a minute of throwing me up and down, they carefully set me on the ground and they crowd me, asking me questions like, "What are you going to do now?", "Are you going to college?", and "You should be the leader of something!" to which I stand in silence, I now realize I have NO PLANS!

What am I going to do with my life? I've finally graduated, but that was my ONLY plan! I don't have any scholarships, job ideas, or even if I'm going to buy my own house someday! When it comes to plans my mind goes to a white blank while everyone else seems to know what they want, even Tom!

"I.. don't really have answers to those questions," I say to the crowd and shyly scratch behind my neck. "I never thought about it..."

"Well I speak for all of us when I say that you've made all our lives better. We were all alone without you and we're willing to do anything to serve you!" one of the former students say.

Suddenly the whole crowd bows down before me and says, "We bow before our king!" what is this amazing feelings that surging through my veins like radioactive rubber bands when I look at them all worshipping me? More importantly, did I just start a cult?

After graduation officially ends, we arrive home and begin the battle for the shower. After dancing and eating pizza/chocolate there's no doubt you'll be super sweaty and ready to feel the nice cold feeling of water droplets hitting your skin all at once.

"Get out of the way!" I yell as I try to push Edd out of the doorway to the bathroom, it seems we're both trying to fit in and both of us combined can't fit through the doorway.

"No way! I'm going first! I sweat and ate more than you did!" Edd yells back in defense and I growl.

"Nuh uh!"

"Yuh uh!"

"Nuh uh!"

"Yuh uh!!"

We both turn to Tom and Matt, who stand in silence with their towels in their hands, and ask in unison, "Who looks more sweaty?!"

There's a long silence as Edd and I pant and Matt and Tom look at us with a awkward expression, they then silently turn to each other, then back at us, Matt says, "Tom should go first, he's the one who played in bass for the crowd after all and that requires a lot of physical movement that such a small body as Tom's doesn't have."

"After me, Matt should shower, since he's the one who had to ward off hundreds of Tord's fans since Edd and Tord were too busy eating pizza and drinking cola and I was entertaining the crowd."

"Well said Tom!" Matt says to Tom as Edd and I's expressions already show a "You got a point there" kind of look.

"Thank you Matt," Tom replies to Matt and walks to us, moving us aside by our shoulders and walking in. "Now my friends, I shall cleanse myself." Tom then closes the door and we can hear the shower turn on.

"Tom always seems to win the shower first," Edd says with a tired look and I groan.

"That's because Matt and him always have a good explanation on why he gets the shower first and why Matt gets second," I respond to Edd and sigh.

"I'll be in my room," Matt says and leaves the scene.

I turn to Edd and ask, "I'm going to the couch, wanna come?"

"Eh, sure, why not," Edd replies, I begin my walk to the couch and Edd follows.

We both sit down and slouch into the couch, after a good few seconds, Edd says to me, "You really changed through the years, you know that?"

I turn my head to him for a second before looking away again with a sigh and saying, "I know that all too well."

There's a long silence before Edd asks, "Are you happy?" I turn to him to see he has a unsure look.

I look away again and say, "I think so, everything is going really good right now at least."

"I just..." Edd sits up and I look at him again. "Everything is going to be so different from now on, everything won't be so carefree now," Edd takes and deep breath and looks at me. "We're adults now Tord, adults. We have to do everything on our own now, we have to go to college, we have to learn new living tactics, we have to think about having kids, we have to be prepared to see the death our parents-"

"Woah! Edd calm down!" I say and quickly sit up, I place a hand on his back and rub it in a circular motion. "It's not your job to be pessimistic, you're the optimistic one!" Edd looks down with a sad look and I look away with a thinking face. After a minute I look back at him and say, "Yes, we may be adults now," Edd looks at me and I give him a smile. "But think of the bright side Edd, we're adults! We can do whatever we want, we can go to college to be whatever we want instead of small jobs like the library or working at the grocery shop," Edd looks down again and I move my face down to make him look at me. "We also don't have to go to school right away either, we can relax with our current jobs and not worry about school for as long as we want! We don't have to worry about homework or projects or anything stressful until we're ready to!" I move Edd's face to look up at me by softly holding his cheek. "We can do whatever we want now, whatever we want Edd."

Edd softly smiles and says, "Thanks Tord," Edd hugs me which catches me off guard. "I'm so happy I met you."

I smile and hug him back, I say, "Me too Edd."