one.

"I keep it realer than real, fuck all them critics and fuck how they feel"

Donny

"Your total for today will be $12.75." I yawned and put the money and change into the cash register. I had been working a 7 hour shift and I still had one more hour. Uncle Pierre had left me to lock up since he had to attend to a family emergency. Tahya hadn't phoned me since the beginning of the shift so naturally, I did get bored.

I watched as the bell rang once the little boy ran out of the store with all his snacks. The homie Dex hasn't even tried calling me to hit a lick once I got off... It felt like the whole world was silent.

"Aye bruh, ring me up. Fuck you doing snoozing on the clock," I heard this deep unfamiliar voice say.

Apparently I had been daydreaming to the point where I hadn't notice someone walk into the store, walk around, get items and come up to the counter. Rolling my eyes I snatched the products and rang them up. "Aye young blood, keep that snatching shit to a minimum." At that point, my blood began to boil.

I'm Donny fucking Laurent... How dare this bitch ass nigga try to approach me on some boss type shit. Does he know I could snap and have his head fucking ripped off.

"What the fuck did you just say to me."

Shit. I said it aloud.

"Aye bro, no harm done. Just take your shit and go please. I'm not trying to start anything." I furrowed my eyebrows and began to study the man for the first time since he walked in. Golden skin with plenty tattoos and braids.

As he leaves the store, I turn the open sign to closed and begin to grab my things and head to the car. I lock up and turn around only to bump into a figure. "DON... Nigga I been texting you all night damn. Pablo trying to get us to run down and rob some niggas tonight since they stole some stock the other day." It was Dex. Being his annoying yet comical energetic self. I nodded quickly and felt the cold wind pierce my arms giving me goosebumps all over

"Listen, I know you not with this robbing shit no more now that you got a girl and shit but you gotta do this. Pablo not taking no for an answer." Dex hops into the passenger seat and slams the door.

"Aye. Watch my door young blood. Plus, who even dropped you over here dude?" He answered with exactly who I thought. Alina. She had been a homegirl for some time and to be honest she was the only girl i'd met who was up for this gang. I clicked on the text thread between Dex and I, and GPS'd our way there.

After a long but silent drive, we had finally pulled up to this ran down traphouse. I swear to god this feels like a GTA mission. I grabbed the sky blue ski mask from underneath my seat and placed it over my face. If Imma rob someone, I might as well look good doing it. Dex hands me an empty gun and goes back over the routine again. The plan was to hold them at gunpoint, rob them of the products and more and then get the hell out of there before they could call for backup.

Dex and I eased our way up the corridor and he kicked open the door. I pointed my gun at the guy and girl in the front and screamed commands. "GIVE ME EVERYTHING OR I'M BLOWING HEADS OFF STARTING WITH THIS ONE." I grab the topless lady who had been apparently giving her man a show. I pointed the gun at her head and felt a bit bothered by her sobs and pleas for survival.