twenty-eight

"You don't deserve a long song"

Donny

I jumped out of bed, feeling the headache worsen.

"Dontavious... You better not go to bail this nigga out. After all you said he's put you through and how you came here to better yourself. Why would you go back into that situation ?" Tremaine spoke, rubbing his temples. He blocked the door and stared at me.

I looked at him and tried to push him off the door but he didn't budge. "Don, I'm only saying this as a friend who cares very much about you." After those words slipped out his mouth, it's as if it set off a button in my brain.

"Friend? You expect me to only want to be friends with you after you stretched me out all around the house?" I shouted, pointing in his face. He shook his head at my comment and chuckled.

"That's the exact reason I didn't wanna give you any dick. Knowing you'd get attached which is what you don't need right now. You aren't healed yet." He spoke softly, holding onto my wrists.

I looked into his eyes as he stared back into mine.

"Screw you Tre. Move out my way." I grabbed my phone and keys and walked through the door as he moved out the way without arguing.

My mind began racing a hundred miles a minute. I first wanted to see if I could make a call to him, so I called the jail.

After researching and dialing the number, I get to an operator.

"Yes, may I please speak to Derrick Jones." The operator took a small pause, and finally responded.

"Yes. He is currently being processed for murder in the third degree. You will have no more than thirty minutes to speak." He spoke. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply as the phone rang.

After a few more rings, it stopped and the other line was silent other than a few background noises.

"Hello...." I spoke in a faint whisper. I heard the breathing of Derrick on the other side but he didn't say anything. I held the phone for a few minutes before he finally began to speak.

"You go off, start a new life leaving me out of it and now you're calling. What do you want." His tone was stern and serious, as his words hit me like bullets. "Derrick, I started a new life to heal myself for the past scars that were caused by our relationship. I had to take time for myself." I responded, croaking after every word.

"Yes I murdered him. No I didn't mean to. It was self defense but unless I can prove it they won't think about letting me out. Unless they can find some sort of evidence, I will be convicted to about 25 years in the next month... If that's what you wanted to know." He replied, keeping the same monotone voice. He didn't seem to have any emotion towards it or remorse.

"I miss you." I said, letting a little smile slip out of my mouth.

"Sure. How's college?" I brushed off his tone and explained to him how I hadn't officially started classes and that I was very excited.

"I'm glad you moved on with your life Dontavious. I actually moved on with mine as well. I have a boyfriend, Rakeem who's been making sure I stay on the straight and narrow as of late." After he spoke those words, my mind blanked.

Desperadoजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें