twenty-seven

"Make a thirsty nigga wanna chase me"

Donny

"There's a party tonight and you should come. It would be a great way for you to get to know people." Tre told me. He was in the middle of getting dressed to leave and I interrupted him with my stack of questions.

I nodded and went to the closet, picking out a nice outfit. I grabbed my Von Dutch trucker hat and waited for Tre to finish outside of the room.

He opened the door revealing his strong manly cologne and locked the door.

"It's in this guy named Ian's apartment. We're gonna walk there since it's not that far from campus." He began to walk quickly with me following close behind.

"Do I look good?" I asked him and got a simple nod back. He was acting pretty distant since we walked out of the room but I ignored it.

Caught up in my thoughts, I went to walk in the crosswalk to get across the street but I heard a car honking.

"You idiot. Stay close to me." Tre said as he pulled me under his arm, practically saving his life.

Rolling my eyes, I finally walked across the street with his assistance.

"Lighten up nigga." I slapped his arm and he smirked while looking down at me. We neared the lit up building and he pinched me on the ear, making me turn around.

"Fuck was that for." I said, bucking at him. "When you get in here, do not embarrass me." He said before letting my ear go and rubbing it.

I didn't think about what he said due to us remaining strictly on a friendly level so I decided I'd do me. Nothing too extra, but I'd still make sure people knew I was there.

The sound of music blasted through my ears as I stepped foot into the party. I adjusted my shirt and walked in, grabbing a red solo cup. People were in their own social circles and mingling between each other.

"What's good newbie. Wanna play beer pong?" I examined the white muscular guy who walked up to me and simply nodded.

Following closely behind me was Tre, who was too busy looking down at his phone to even know where we were going. They led us into this bright room with about fifty chairs filled with people, either screaming or so drunk they were asleep.

"You wanted to play.." Tre said, sending me a weird look. I shot him a bird and stepped over to the ping pong table.

There were sixteen cups lined up in a triangle. The white muscular guy from earlier began to go and landed his first one in my cup.

I sighed and picked the cup up, drinking it all in one gulp. I quickly crumbled the cup up and threw it into the garbage bin. It was my turn to go and I obviously missed.

"Man this is white people shit. I don't even know how to do this.." I said, getting a few laughs from the crowd. He went again and made it in. The cycle continued until i had one more cup left and my vision was blurry.

"One more cup freshie." The guy called out as I sent him an evil glare. I looked to Tremaine who pursed his lips, trying not to laugh. "I'm ready to go home." I calmly said.

I was quickly swept off my feet and I remember looking up at Tre before I blacked out.

.
.
.
.

When I opened my eyes, I felt the welcoming feeling of my bed. I let out a deep sigh which turned into a wince once my head began to pound.

I looked to my left and saw Tremaine sitting on his bed, reading. "What happened last night..." I asked, pulling my blanket closer to my neck.

"Before or after you blacked out?" I sighed at his response and just turned my back towards him. My head was hurting too much for me to even start an argument.

There was a dip in the bed as I began to shift around. "I went to the store and brought you some candy and lots of water." I nodded in approval and felt his hand touch my arm.

"You don't need to do shit like that. They do that to every freshman. I just made sure I didn't let it happen to me." He spoke while rubbing my face.

"Well you didn't even try to stop me from playing.." He shrugged and went back over to his bed. I was sweating my ass off and I didn't even feel like getting up.

It hurt to even keep my eyes open. I never was a drinker so it was hard for me to cope with my first hangover. "I wish I would've never went to that stupid party." I said, sneezing.

The room went silent for a while, but it was comfortable. My phone started to ring and I picked it up, reading the name. Aoki. A smile lit up on my face as I quickly picked it up.

"Hey sis. How's everything going." I said, waving into the camera. She smiled but didn't look so happy.

"Fine but there's something I need to tell y-" Before she could finish, I quickly cut her off, explaining the party.

"Aokiii, I went to this party and got so drunk I blacked out. But it was like a fun blackout, you know? The party was still wack tho."

"Don-" She continued to try and interrupt but I continued on.

"Like it was a bunch of beer pong and then after that, I heard the cops came and shut everything down." I laughed and looked into the camera.

"What were you trying to say that you just couldn't hold in." I asked, turning my phone volume up.

"Donny.... Derrick is in jail." She said, looking concerned.

I furrowed my brows and shrugged. "Then have someone bail him out. That has nothing to do with me." I picked up a pack of fruit snacks and begin eating them.

"No Donny... He's in there for-"

"Listen Aoki, I don't care about something petty he did like beating somebody up or stupid shit. He'll find someone to bail him out and it'll be done." I said, giving a slight bit of attitude.

"Donny.... He's in there for murder." Once the last word got out, I felt my ears begin to ring. My eyes widen and I dropped my fruit snacks and phone, rushing to get out of bed.