two.

Donny

"Woah now... I mean is the gun really necessary ?!" He chuckles a little at my reaction and goes back to a straight face. There's only two reasons these motherfuckers are in my house. Either I fucked with something they own orrrrr jacked their bitch.

"You got five minutes to explain to me who robbed my boys and why they did it or I'm blowing your head off." I looked at him for a minute and cackled. Something about the way he spoke didn't make me take him anymore seriously.

"Listen man.. I don't know who the hell robbed your boys... but I'm guessing they wouldn't wanna do it again if they had to face you!" I lied and said in between laughs. This guy was just giving me the idea that he was faking tough for his crew. Eventually the guns were pulled off of me and the guy dismissed the other men and they walked back to the pickup truck.

"Wait..... I know you from somewhere.." My mind began to ponder and I was trying to collect my thoughts and then it hit me.

"The fucking store. Your corny ass sparked a bit of fear in me but seeing you in here pretending to be tough shows I was bugging." I throw my head back and laugh but he obviously wasn't amused.

Before I could say anything else he mumbled something about 'the last of me' and walked out. I shrugged and continued looking for Tahya. I walked to the fridge and saw a note attached to the handle.

'Went to pickup Aoki, she flew down here to check on you and pops - Love Tahya'

Aoki was my little sister who obviously was too worried about my well being and my dad's. I was practically the one who raised her ever since our mom stepped out and dad became a drug lord.

"Aoki put that down." She had been fumbling through my room for hours trying to find her gameboy. I pulled the gameboy from under my bed and waved it in her face. A sudden look of anger and betrayal over took her face.

"Donny give it back !" She howled as I held the gameboy high in the air having her jump for it as if she would actually reach. I stuck out my tongue and ran down the hallway. Looking back trying to focus on where Aoki was, I didn't pay attention to what was ahead of me and fell down not one, but two flights of stairs breaking my arm.

I dropped the gameboy and it slid across the floor. Aoki pranced down the steps and merely missed stepping on me to retrieve the gameboy. "And.... scene" She says and takes a bow while waving to the imaginary crowd. She takes her time skipping and hopping over me as I ached in pain. Once she realizes something is actually wrong she rushes into dad's room retrieving him. He came in chuckling and shaking his head.

"You'll never learn my boy... Aoki is something else when it comes to getting what's hers." He picked me up and Aoki held on to my hand as I was carried into the car, still making sure to keep her gameboy out of arms reach for me to grab.

I shake my head and chuckle at the distant flashback that took over my head. It had been a while since I seen her and due to her wondering about pops and how he's doing ever since he let the drug business go, Id be guessing she's staying for good.

Ding Dong. Perfect timing... I opened the door and came overcome with suitcases and bags. "Open up brother," Aiko says throwing the suitcases down and giving me a big hug.

"How did you cope while I was gone ?" Tahya asks kicking her shoes off and sitting on the couch.

"Tuh... Just fine." I lied knowing I almost got shot by a corny ass gang member but it didn't really phase me.

"Alright sis.... It was good seeing you again but I gotta get going. You knowing the grind don't ever stop when it comes to the Laurent's." I waved goodbye and grabbed my keys. Once I arrived at the store, I was taken back by an unfamiliar car being parked in the 'Employees Only' section of the parking lot. Uncle Pierre should've called me if the inspection folks was coming today, I could've cleaned up extra good.

I walked in and stopped right in the doorway. My eyes met with the same guy who not only came in the store mad disrespectful but tried to pry information out of me at gunpoint.

"Fuck you doing here bozo." I squinted and fixed my shirt. He pointed at his new name tag and smiled. Lord you have got to be kidding me. Uncle Pierre just hire anybody these days.

I sighed and pushed past him into the employees break room. He slowly followed behind and closed the door behind him.

"Listen man, you being real bold to come up here and get a fucking job after you been getting your shit jacked." I said not turning my full attention to him. He took a deep breath and approached me. "Alright, I get we started off shaky but yo folks cool people. Let's start over. My name Derrick." He extended his hand out and smiled waiting for me to accept.

Me personally, I'm not a cold hearted person and I'm very forgiving so I forced a smile and shook his hand. His grip started getting tighter until I let go.

"Strong ass hands damn. I bet they used to call you Mega Hand in school." He let out a soft chuckle but didn't really say much. "Alright bro, so here's how the shit gonna go down. You work my hours so that means, after bout 7PM once Uncle Pierre leaves, I'm the boss. You gonna respect me. If I catch you slipping, that's your ass and you gon get the boot." I double checked the schedule again and he was set on the same nights and hours as me since I was technically the trainer. He didn't reply to my agreement so I had to repeat myself.

"Do you understand bird brain ?" I slapped down the paper he was looking at causing him to look at me in the eyes. "Answer me you dumb b-" I was cut out when he took his hand and got a firm grip around my throat. He was doing it in a way to not hurt me but shake me up. Before I could yell or push him off, he shoved me up against the wall with his hand still around my neck.

I could still breathe, barely, but I was still kicking. He pressed our bodies together and came a square inch from my mouth. My natural reflexes were telling me to squirm away but i didn't. I stood there and let him be closer to my face then I even allow my girl to be. "Disrespect me again, and you gonna wish you had been obedient." He tightened his grip around my throat and I began to choke forreal this time.

He finally let go and I fell to the floor gasping for air and holding my wind pipe. When I did collect enough air to speak, I finally said something but it wasn't what he wanted to hear.

"That's.... e-exactly why yo- your breath smell... like weed a-and.... earring backs." I choked out still gasping for air. He let out a quick laugh and kept filing papers.

What the fuck Donny. You just let this nigga keep inches close to you on some gay shit. Hell nah, I'm not on that.

I was brought out of my thoughts from my Uncle Pierre yelling my name from the front of the store. I got up, still holding my throat and made my way out the break room, never breaking my death stare on Derrick.

Damn. I really had to work a twelve hour midnight shift with this bitch. I'm gonna make sure he knows who's in charge.