twenty-two.

"I'm just a lonely child."

Donny

Tears flowed from my eyes as we sped down the highway, rushing to the hospital. Uncle Pierre was practically the only family I had, other than my sister Aoki. Receiving the news that he was shot, was the worst thing I've ever had to experience.

"Breathe Donny." Derrick spoke from the drivers seat, rubbing my chest. I grabbed his hand and held on to it for a few minutes while he steered with the other.

He pulled into the parking spot and we walked into the hospital, grabbing a visitors pass and heading towards Uncle Pierre's room.

"Excuse me sir, you can't go back there right now. He's being transferred to our intensive care unit currently. They're not expecting him to make it due to the bullet grazing his brain. If he does make it out, he could be in a vegetable-like state for the rest of his life." The nurse explained to us as we attempted to walk into his room.

I nodded and walked back outside of the room, sitting on the nearest bench. My eyes were so dry that I couldn't even cry anymore. I could only whimper. Derrick pulled me into his arms and held onto me tightly, as I heard him sobbing as well.

After a few minutes, I finally began to feel somewhat normal. "It's okay. Regardless of what happens, Uncle Pierre knew how much I loved him and how much I cared. He never had to worry about me disrespecting him or coming towards him any kind of way." I spoke, wiping my eyes dry.

"Cmon. He wouldn't have wanted us to sit around moping. He'd want us to take care of ourselves and live our lives." I said, pulling Derrick by the arm out of the hospital wing.

Before we left the entire hospital, I gave a note to the front desk telling them to call me if anything happened so I'd know how he was.

"Can we eat something?" I ask, as I felt tears begin to fall again. Derrick nodded and walked over to me, wiping my tear stained face while pressing soft kisses onto my lips.

"I love you and so does he. Remember that." He spoke, walking back to the other side of the car, getting in.

Those words stuck with me for the entire car ride to the restaurant. He made me feel loved. Even when I'm at my lowest, he's there for me and he tells me how much he cares.

"Sorry about all the toxic shit that's been going on these past few weeks. I guess I was just blindsided." I whispered as he kept his eyes focused on the road.

"Told you don't worry bout it." He said, keeping the same expression.

We finally made it to the restaurant and I couldn't stop from laughing at the story Derrick that had told about how he got beat up for stealing a pack of gum from this kid in middle school.

We opened up the doors and we were welcomed to this Chinatown themed restaurant, where the lights were very dim and the restaurant was quiet.

It was the perfect date spot and the energy was so calm and collected. My smile began to fade as I realized that Byron was sitting at the far table, eyeing his menu.

What I hadn't told Derrick was that Byron and I slept together. That morning when I went to wake Derrick up and he didn't wake up, I called Byron. He came over and one thing led to another and he was stretching me out across the living room.

I had came with the excuse of picking out a new car when Derrick finally awoke and Byron was persistent on telling him that we had sex.

I quickly pointed to a table and pulled Derrick over so he wouldn't see Byron and strike up a conversation.

Before we could engage in a conversation, my phone began to ring. I quickly picked up and held the phone to my ear.

"Hello, this is Nurse Bennett in regards to Lawerence Pierre. I'm calling to inform you that he's in stable condition and we have removed the bullet and sewed up the wound. We're going to hold him here for about a week just to monitor his recovery, and then we will have a family member come to pick him up."

A huge smile lights up my face and I thank the nurse before hanging up. "He's gonna be fine!" I say, as Derrick grins and gives me a 'I told you so' look.

We ordered our food and began to dig in. I felt someone's presence at the table as I had my eyes closed, resting, waiting for Derrick to finish his food.

Once I opened my eyes, I saw Byron standing at the table, tapping his foot.

"Donny, why the fuck are you ignoring me." He spoke as I looked up to him, without answering.

"Alright. You wanna tell your boyfriend how I fucked the shit out of you in his living room yesterday morning? Oh, did I just tell him? Oops." He said, while stomping out of the restaurant.

My face beamed a bright red as I looked over to Derrick who was packing up his food and leaving. He walked out of the restaurant with my following behind his tracks.

"Derrick, it's not what you think. Well it happened but I don't want you to be mad."

"I'm not mad." He said cranking up the car, waiting for me to get in.

I looked at him, and saw his hand shaking as he backed out of the parking lot.

"I didn't expect for that to happen but once it was over, I was explaining to him how much I love you and how much you're my soulmate." I frowned and rubbed his arm.

He flinched at the touch and continued driving.

"Don't be mad Derrick please... I'm sorry."

"I'm not mad Dontavious." I knew he was lying because he never called me by my full name.

"I'm not mad. I'm not mad. I'm not mad." He began to chant continuously, while pressing down on the gas more.

"Derrick- Stop. Slow down." I said, looking at him and at the road.

He sped up and continued chanting, "I'm not mad Dontavious." He slammed on the gas as we began to dangerously speed and weave in and out of traffic.

"DERRICK STOP."

BAM!

A/N: I promise what you think happened is gonna be the complete opposite of the next chapter. I wouldn't kill if the two main characters......... yet.