thirteen.

Donny

I found myself with a ski mask surrounded by a large group of men. "Okay, stick to the plan. Do exactly what we discussed." Derrick said as he gathered the group of men into a circle. "Donny, you pull the trigger. It's only right." I nodded and let out a deep breath. We were standing across the yard from the warehouse and were proceeding to walk over. I had known that it would only be Pablo and Dex in the warehouse since today wasn't one of their work days. We stuck to the side of the door and a thousand thoughts ran through my head as the huge man kicked down the door.

I was wrong. When the door was kicked down, there stood roughly fifty men lounging around. I ran in and saw Jamon shooting at one of them. My heart began to pump faster as Derrick pulled me by the arm to find Pablo. As we ran through the hall, it felt like things began to move in slow motion. I see a head come around the corner and Derrick shoots it. I stop in my tracks when I see Dex's limp body with a bullet through his head.

"Oh shit... I didn't think this would feel this bad.." I said as I stopped to catch my breath. Derrick looked me in my eyes and mouthed the words 'let's go'.

We ran into a room and were met with Pablo with a loaded gun pointed at us.

"Put it the fuck down, and we can all leave here alive.." He said as he narrowed it between the two of us. I pressed firmly on Derrick's hand and he placed the gun on the floor and slid it across the floor.

"You thought I wouldn't know you guys would come? I didn't know it would be this quick, but I was waiting. I could give a hell about those men but I'm gonna win this one." He smirked and waved the gun around.

I eyed Derrick and signaled for him to distract Pablo while I tried to get the gun. Derrick lunges at Pablo and they tussle for the gun. I creep over and grab the gun that Derrick pushed across the floor and pointed it at Pablo with his back turned. I struggled to find the target as they were tussling and turning, but that's when they stood up and Derrick put his hands in the air with Pablo pointing the gun at him.

"Where's your little bitch?" I squint my eyes as the shot rings off, hitting him in the head.

"I'm right here asshole." I feel a sense of relief as it feels like the end of a war. I step over the body as tears begin to stream from my eyes. "I'm so proud of you.." Derrick says kissing me on the forehead as we make our way back down the hallway. When we come out, we see Jamon and three of our men standing by the door waiting.

"They're smoked. They took out like two of our guys but most them fuckers wasn't even armed." Jamon said chuckling. There was a long silence as I walked to the car feeling like a brand new person.

That Night...

I sat on the couch flipping through Netflix until I found 'You'. I clicked on it and bundled up as I waited to see Joe up to his usual stalker shit. I pulled up my glass of juice and fell asleep on the couch.

I finally was awoken by the sound of a bang. It sounded like a flower pot dropped as I heard Jamon and Derrick talking. The Netflix show had already stopped so I made my way upstairs, yawning.

"Guys, I'm so excited that we took care of that shit." No answer.

"Guys, where are you g-" I'm stopped in my tracks when I open the bedroom door. I see Derrick rushing to climb off of Jamon as they were naked, having sex.. in my bed.

My mouth stood agape and I stood there in shock. It felt like everything had been shattered in front of my eyes.

"Donny, it's not what it looks like, I promise.. We were just talking." Derrick's words went from one ear to the other as I stood there frozen. Without speaking, I lunge at Jamon, pressing my fist into his gut. He tried to fight back but didn't have any real chance of hitting me.

"DONNY ! GET OFF OF HIM." My eyes shot to Derrick as I began to replay the image in my head. "Derrick don't speak to me." I said as tears began to grow in my eyes.

I watched as they struggled to get dressed and Derrick tried to reassure me that it was a mix up. I pulled my clothes out of the closet and threw them onto the bed. The heartbreak began to overtake the anger as I felt my face reddening.

"Derrick... I open up to you and give you everything. I fucking experiment with my sexuality for you.. and this is what I get ? I get you fucking somebody who we were supposed to be helping? You're a bitch bro. You're bitch made." I pushed him down and slapped him in the face.

"Derrick, I gave my heart to you.. Why would you do this? WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO IT.." I pulled out a bag and stuffed a few clothes into it. He pulled on my shirt and grabbed my hands. I didn't know what to believe..

"I'll be back to get the rest of my shit later. Have fun fucking that bitch. Matter fact.." I shove my bag down and run into Jamon's room shoving his shit out of the closet. "Actually, I'm not going anywhere. I'm gonna stay in your fucking house and make you deal with the fact you just lost the best thing you could've ever had." I spat.

"Jamon, get the fuck out of that bathroom and get your shit and go. You showed your true colors tonight. Both of you. The same ones who would die for you would also lie to you." I shook my head and put on my shoes.

"Get the fuck out and walk. I pushed him and his stuff out of the door and ran after him. I ran up to him and began to punch him in the face as he got a few hits in on me. We begin rolling around on the floor as Derrick tries to break us up. "That's what you get for fucking my man you broke ass nigga." I felt my body stiffen up as Derrick pulls me into a tight hug.

"Get the fuck off of me." I say pushing him off. I storm into the house and sit on the couch, beginning to feel sick to my stomach. I try to ease the pain by putting my headphones in and pressing shuffle on my playlist.

As the first line plays.. I feel the tears beginning to flow.

"Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, Caught in a bad romance"