eleven.

"I'm taking all for us (All), Doing it all for love..."

Donny

"No.. Aoki is not getting involved in this. I don't think so," I spat. Aoki had been my dearest little sister for the longest. I couldn't dare put her in danger like this.

"Listen Don, I tried to tell her but she insisted. She said that anything you went through, she would want to help with." He made his way into the kitchen, fixing Byron a cold glass of water. Eyeing the two, I pulled out my laptop which I had brought with me in hopes of contacting Aoki. No answer. 

"Hey Donny, Byron wants us to come down to this spot where underground rappers like to make a name for themselves. Like a karaoke spot. You wanna go?" Derrick asked me while taking out his braids. I nodded and studied his hair. He had a lot of it and it always was kept so nice and fresh. Byron slid a flyer across the table and it was titled "Jinx Nightclub: New Talent Open Mic". I wondered what kind of talent would be shown at the club.

"Go get dressed Don. It starts in like an hour." Derrick said looking at me. I flashed him a quick middle finger and laughed, running up the stairs looking for my suitcase. I pulled it out and picked out a Tommy Hilfiger T-shirt, a pair of ripped jeans and my favorite pair of shoes.. Yeezy 500 in Blush. I won't lie, I had mad shoe game that most people either couldn't afford or couldn't pull off. I reached into the pocket of my suitcase and pulled out a necklace that had a baby angel attached to it. 

"Derrick, come put this around my neck please." He nodded and locked the necklace into place around my neck. I turned around and brushed my hair a bit but I was distracted when I saw Derrick looking at me out the corner of my eye. I rolled my eyes quickly and walked back to the living room where I heard several honks coming from I'm guessing Byron's car. "Um how am I supposed to contact you or anybody else," I asked looking for any cell phone. He hushed me and handed me a box with an iPhone on it. "Thank you asshole." I muttered while walking out the house. I hopped into the backseat and laid back, thinking about what tonight would even come close to being like.

Derrick hopped in the backseat with me and rubbed my leg, causing me to tense up a bit. "That's all you Derrick? I was boutta holler at shawty when we got to the party!" Byron said making me give a disgusted face. He was good looking but I really wasn't attracted to men.. but Derrick.. He's different. "Yeah this all me. Nobody else." Derrick says chuckling while putting me in a chokehold. I was starting to fall in love with him and I kind of wanted to stop myself but I couldn't. I don't know if he'll be good for me or if he'll break my heart. 

When I look into his eyes.. I see a pool of mystery. I can never correctly read his intentions and what he wants to do with me. I felt the car come to a sudden halt, followed by Byron and Derrick hopping out. I got out and shut the door as the loud, muffled music coming from the building filled my ears. As we walked on, they were switching performers.

"Everyone welcome Jamon onto the stage who will be performing his new single Need Me." The announcer says. I begin to clap as a younger boy comes onto the stage and he looks like he's been either smoking or crying because his eyes were puffy.

"Before I start I just wanted to say that if anybody has somewhere I can stay, it would be a big help if you'd let me in. I just got into a big fight with my mom backstage and I'm getting kicked out. But enough of that, here's my song 'Need Me'. He signaled the DJ and began rapping.

Fuck you all night, we ain't gone stop until the sun is up 

Make you mine for a little 

You should let me break your spine just a little 

Got your shorty on my pistol, made her empty out the clip 

I swear I'm too official I can never stress a bitch I done lost a couple soldiers everyday I reminisce 

And I could've took his bitch, but her pussy smell like fish 

Me and all my niggas on the ship like marijuana 

Only time a nigga hit my phone is when there's drama 

Niggas feel a type of way cause I do want I wanna

 While you were scared of sharks, I was posted with piranhas I heard that your freaky, maybe you should teach me I'm afraid to tell you how these other bitches treat me

I bopped my head to the song and saw Derrick drinking and vibing. I knew this kid had a story.. He might not have showed it but there's something behind those lyrics and puffy eyes.

"Derrick, get him after he finishes. I wanna talk to him." He nods with the red solo cup up to his mouth with god knows what in it. I studied the boy and the way he carried himself. He seemed like he was a tough kid but with shit going on.

He eventually finished and received a standing ovation from the crowd. He walked behind the curtain and I felt Derrick pull my arm dragging me backstage. When we came backstage, there was a loud commotion going on and I heard a woman yelling at the top of her lungs.

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY HOUSE. YOUR SHIT'S GONNA BE ON THE TRASH PILE... THAT SHIT YOU'RE PUTTING IN YOUR BODY IS GONNA KILL YOU JUJU." He waved the woman who I'm guessing was his mom off and sat down. I took the opportunity to have a word with him by sitting in the chair across from him.

"Wassup younging. I was listening to your song out there and I couldn't help but think that you have a story. I don't know what it is, but I can see that you put a lot of effort into your music and portraying that story. I heard what you said earlier and.." He nodded and flashed a small smile before speaking. "Yeah.. I've seen a lot of shit growing up where I did. You wouldn't believe it. But I been suffering lately, and my moms isn't happy with how I handle it." He went into his backpack and flashed a pack of percocets while frowning. I shook my head and began to think. What can I do... I held up a finger and pulled Derrick aside who was listening to the conversation.

"Derrick.. We have to help him. He looks miserable. Let's let him stay with us please. So many young people are lost to the streets." Derrick began to think and finally nodded. 

"Okay so me and my boyf- me and my friend think you should come stay with us. You know till you get back on your feet. It's hard seeing you get put out cause I know what you've had to deal with." He smiled and pulled up into a tight hug. "Thank you so much.. I promise I won't be a problem. You won't regret it." This reminded me back to the moment when I was kicked out the house for smoking weed and my friend's mom let me stay for however long I wanted.

"I gotta grab my bags and I'll be ready!" He walked back behind another curtain and my head turned towards Derrick. "You're a good person, you know?" He smiles and nods while bopping his head to whatever music was playing on the outside.

"So what the hell we-" I feel my back pocket vibrate and I pull it out to see Aoki's name on face on the screen. I slide the bar over and see her trying to fix her hair on FaceTime. 

"Hey Aoki! I missed you so much." I say smiling and making my way to the back so the music wasn't too loud. "I missed you too Don.. You know I'm your sister, you should let me in on shit a bit more. How come Derrick had to tell me about this whole Pablo issue and how they tried to deadass murder you?" I put off a flustered expression as I began to search for an answer.

"Love, I didn't wanna get you involved. You're my lil sis, I have to protect you." She shook her head and began to go on a huge rant of how she wanted to be involved. "Okay Aoki, okay. When are you coming back?" She thought for a minute and finally answered.

"Tomorrow night. Well, I won't be there tomorrow night but I plan on leaving then. I've already talked with Derrick and he's given me the address. I need to check on my big brother." I sigh and nod then we say our goodbyes.

"Alright I'm ready. Let's head out." Jamon says with three heavy bags in his hand. I chuckle a bit until I peer out the curtain and the face I see leaves me frozen in fear.