seventeen.

"Lovestruck baby, you're the piece i'm missing"

Donny

I sat in the running car, waiting for Byron to come back and drive me to the therapy center. He had ran to the store to buy some snacks and a drink.

Just as he came back outside, I saw a message from Derrick pop across the screen.

Pierre wants you to come to the store to work today. You're an hour late.

I sigh and shoot back a dry text telling him I'm not coming today and close my phone. I had forgot all about Uncle Pierre reopening the store and that I had signed up for a few shifts.

"Hey Don, what you want from the store?" Byron says as he hangs inside the window, face to face with me. "Umm... fruit snacks and a drink, I guess." He went back inside the store and came back out.

"Thank you." I say truthfully while opening up my fruit snacks. He crank the car up and began driving.

I hated riding with him. He always texted while driving and kept speeding. "Listen, you not finna kill us both." I say grabbing his phone out of his hand and reading the screen.

I'm scoop you up and we can really get it on.

I raised my brow and started to giggle. "Oh you got a girlfriend huh?" I say, handing him back his phone. He smiles softly and nods. "That's cool, that's cool." I left the conversation at that and let the comfortable silence carry us all the way to the place.

"We're here meathead." Byron says thumping my forehead. I playfully roll my eyes and get out the car, waving goodbye. I step straight to the kiosk inside and put in my information, waiting to hear my name be called.

"Dontavious Laurent?" The small, petite woman calls from the open door. I put my phone into my pocket and make my way into the door.

"Mr. Sails will be seeing you today." Forcing a smile, I walk back to the room she pointed towards.

"Hello, Mr. Laurent. It's a pleasure to meet you." The tall, broad guy sticks his hand out and I freeze, examining his body. He snorts and puts his hand down. "Sorry Mr. Sails." I say, taking a seat on the leather couch.

"Please, call me Tremaine. I've been reading over your file and the information you submitted and it seems like you've been going through a breakup?" He keeps eye contact with me and clicks his pen, ready to jot down notes.

"Yeah. I've been going through a hard time, really trying to find myself. I tried to distract myself from the one I loved but it didn't work out." I fidgeted with my fingers as tears began to fill my eyes.

"Ahh... I see. Quick question, is there any way that you can avoid contact with this person? It's important I know this so I can give you the proper help." I shake my head and explain how we share a job. "Well, before I give you my full synopsis and my take on the situation. Tell me about yourself."

I nod and swallow carefully before beginning. "Well, I just found out I'm gay. I have a sister who I don't really hear from unless she's in town because she works an active news anchor job. I'm currently staying with a friend due to me being kicked out of Derrick's house." He nods and writes on the pad and paper.