seven.

"Guess we got a situationship..."

Donny

It was finally the day of the heist. After two long shifts at the store, I would be heading off to complete the last mission of my career with Pablo. We had a brief meeting in which, we decided that we would leave this hostile life behind and move on to better things that life has to offer.

I hadn't heard from Derrick since he stormed out of my house, angry at the deed I would be committing in a few hours. It was such a tedious journey and I still wasn't sure which route I wanted to take. I turned into the parking lot of the warehouse. Octavious would be transporting us to the area but I still drove over here just so that I won't have to get dropped off home once we're finished.

"Donny! My boy! We've been waiting on you. Get in the car. Dex will be giving you your ski mask and gun. I need you to keep a straight face tonight and I need you to stay focused." I nod and sit in the back of the car. Dex hands me the ski mask and I put it on along with pushing the gun onto my hip.

"Listen.. Don't shoot anyone unless they try to shoot you. This should be a clean scare and grab deal." Pablo runs down the rules and procedures as we pull up into the rival warehouse, which I had stolen stock from previously.

We all step out of the car and separate to cover the building. It was four against however many were inside of the building. I kept praying in the back of my mind that Derrick was not here, or that he wouldn't recognize me. Its not like there was a secret of the attack. Derrick heard the day of the attack but didn't expect when.

"Donny, move to the back and we'll all meet back in the middle of the building."

I snuck into the window that was agape and I began to tip toe around. I heard a vase in the front of the house fall, and a lot of voices yelling. Fuck. Why didn't they tell me that we would be announcing our presence with a fucking vase.. The only thing that was on my mind was making sure I didn't run into Derrick. I open up the door and I realize that it led directly into the middle. All four of us now stood in the middle of the building with five people staring back at us. I draw my gun and keep it by my side.

Scanning the room, I lay eyes directly on Derrick. We make eye contact and I quickly put my head down, knowing that I let him down. He chuckles to himself and yells out the words "FUCK MAN!" I looked at Pablo trying to hold back my tears thinking of how I betrayed Derrick. I put my gun away and I watched as Pablo and Dex were led to the back to retrieve the stocks. I tried to approach Derrick but he looked furious.

"Derrick, you have to understand this.. My life was on the line. Nobody is gonna get hurt. I promise." He punches me in the face, knocking me back a bit causing me to leak from my nose.

I understood his anger but I tried my best to make this work on both sides. I watched as Pablo and Dex came back with the items and were about to head back to the car. I look back at Octavious who was looking around and I watched as Derrick pulled out a gun.

Octavious drew his gun and pointed it at Derrick.

"NO! DON'T SHOOT! PUT YOUR GUN D-" Before I could get out my statement, I hear a bullet fly off. I watched as Octavious hit the ground and grabs towards his neck where the bullet hit. I looked at Derrick in horror as Pablo and Dex ran out of the house and went to the car, screaming my name.