nine.

"Desperado, sitting in an old Monte Carlo..."

Donny

I woke to the feeling of loneliness. When I reached back to feel for Derrick, I was met with a cold brush of air. Nobody was there. It was taking me back to a memory I once had when I ran with Pablo.

My body laid cold against the ground and I felt a metallic taste covering my lips as I struggled to breathe. "Hello.." Nobody answered. I was in the middle of the desert. This was my punishment for interfering with the last mission. The last thing I remembered was seeing Pablo put on his brass knuckles and connect with my face. After that I blacked out. It took me days to find my way out of the desert. They thought of it as a "lesson" and a way to keep me on the straight and narrow.

I waved down an older woman who was hysterically crying, who later explained that her deceased husband was the cause of it. She gave me a ride back into town and tried to call the police to ensure I would be safe. I reassured her that I was fine and I went back home.

I felt that feeling of emptiness. Tahya was gone on a press run and Aoki was miles across the country. I felt like no one was there for me.

No one.

I break from the daydream at the sound of glass breaking downstairs. Putting me on high alert, I began to call for Derrick. "D-Derrick.. is that you?" No answer. Pushing myself out of bed, I stretch a bit and yawn while walking down the stairs into this confusing hallway. I had never realized that he took me to his bedroom last night, so I had no idea where to go. 

I eventually followed a staircase and I heard the sound of pots and pans rattling. When I peered my head from around the corner, I was met with Derrick's eyes widening as he saw me. "Don.. you're awake. How did you sleep?" I sent him a thumbs up signal, still obviously tired. I smell the fresh scent of breakfast fill the air as I entire into the kitchen. "Here's your toothbrush. Go freshen up and come back so you can eat." He points to a wooden door that I wold soon discover to be the bathroom. After a bit of freshening up, I returned back to where I found him and he was pulling syrup and other condiments out of the cabinet.

"Hey sleepy head. I missed you," He put down the items and walked over to me. I looked at his soft pink lips as he drew closer to me. He pecks my lips and goes back to what he was doing. "Your food is on the table. Eat now because I wanna take you somewhere." I questioned the statement because I was worried about Pablo but I never made an effort to protest.

I hear a phone ring besides me but before I can read who's talking Derrick snatches the phone away and gives off a nervous life. "Oh that's my phone.. Probably a bill collector!" He awkwardly grinned and pressed decline on the phone but did what looked like sending a message instead. I took my empty plate and washed it under the cold sink water, then placed it into the dishwasher. Derrick sat in the recliner that faced the TV and began looking at the show on it.

I walked over and slowly sat on his lap. He was getting into my head truly. My body was always yearning for his touch and pleading for his kisses. I began to trace over his face tattoos and laid a soft kiss onto his forehead. "Donny let's talk. What is your sexuality?" I began to tense up at the question. I never truly thought about it.. 

"Well when I'm with you, I feel gay as hell. So I guess that answers it partially. What about you?" He smiled a bit before replying.

"I don't know.. I like women but I'm attracted to one man. When I first laid eyes on him, I knew that I had to keep him close. I decided to make the first move and I'm glad that I did." He looked me into my eyes and kissed me on the side of my neck causing me to grin uncontrollably. The moment felt fictitious until his phone began to ring. I looked at the name on the caller ID and cringed.

Kaliyah with the upside down smiley face and red heart.

I didn't want to believe the absolute worse but I wanted answers. "You're still in touch with her?" He nodded and looked at me like he was ready to come up with a bullshit apology. I hushed him and got up. My mind wasn't ready to argue nor put up a fight. 

"Cmere my love." He extends his arms out and wraps them around my waist, caressing my ass until I finally give in and lay my head on his chest. He wouldn't hurt me would he ? No... He loves me, I'm sure.  He wrapped his hands around my neck softly, and began to rub my back which made me really tired. My eyes started to get heavy and I felt a loud knocking noise which caused me to awake, and caused Derrick to become startled.

He casually walked over to the door and opened it but I noticed his fight to close it once he realized who it was. I looked towards the door and was confused by who I saw. He was tall, had a beard, plenty of tattoos and looked tough. "Donny, this is Byron. Byron this is Donny." He flashed me a smile and grabbed for my hand. I gave it to him and he shook it tight. I flashed a small grin but eventually walked over to Derrick. I went to wrap my arms around him but he instead started play fighting and hitting me. 

"Alright... Forreal tho lets get into this plan. Byron is gonna be helping us and I also have someone who wanted to take part in it... I don't know how happy you might be about it." He rubbed the back of his head and sighed.

I picked up a glass of water and in between gulps, asked who it was. "Aoki." He said. Before the final syllable could get out of his mouth the glass dropped and so did my mouth.