fourteen.

"The problem with me is you."

Donny

I slowly poured the cereal into the bowl while yawning. It had been four months of nothing but depression, agony, and loneliness. I hate decided on my own terms to completely shut Derrick out, but it was pretty difficult being that we lived in the same house. Every time he'd attempt to converse with me, he'd be met with a cold stare or blank face.

I stop pouring the cereal and walk to the patio to soak in the sun. When I entered back in through the patio door, I became agitated. Derrick had my bowl of cereal in his hands trying to give it to me so we could make any kind of contact. I grabbed the bowl from him, smiled and poured it all out into the sink as he watched in disbelief.

"It's still fuck you." I say brushing past him, heading out the door. Uncle Pierre had finally opened back up the shop and both of us were working today. I sat in the passenger seat, waiting for Derrick to come hopping in the drivers seat. He entered the car and turned on the AC and radio with one single motion. I would be a damn lie if I said I didn't miss him but he went against everything I believed in or ever even cared about.

"You gonna spend the rest of your life being mad at me Donny? I told you I was sorry. It was a stupid mistake. Something I wish I never did. Believe it or not... I still love you." He put his hand over mine and I tensed up at the feeling of his soft, warm hands.

No. You will not fall for his lies again. I pull my hand away and look at him. The car pulled into the shop and came to a halt as he looked back it me. "Derrick, in all honesty... I like it better when you don't talk." I get out the car and slam the door, making my way to the entrance.

"Hey Uncle Pierre ! Hey Omar." Omar was the newest employee at the shop and he was working at the shop to help with his student loans and college textbook fees. He gave me a small nod and ran over to me. Did I forget to mention we had been talking for a good month?

"Hey my love." He wrapped me up in his arms and planted a wet kiss on my forehead. I was regretting today because while I've been working, Derrick hasn't. He has no knowledge of the fact I have a new work boyfriend. Well not boyfriend, but you get the point. Derrick walked through the door and I gave a cold welcome.

"The shop doesn't open for another two hours so you can do whatever." I say, walking back to the break room. Derrick followed behind me and I stood by the door, drinking my water. There was two seats. Omar was sitting in a chair, and Derrick was sitting on a sofa fit for two people.

He scooted over to make more room for me as I began to walk away from the door. I walked past him and sat on Omar's lap, wrapping my arms around his neck. I get comfortable until I feel my jacket being pulled on and I'm on the floor getting dragged.

"Let's talk." Derrick says while pulling me out the room by my jacket. He picked me up and sat me on the counter, putting his hands on my waist. I began to look at him, as he beamed red with anger.

"How the fuck you gonna sit on that nigga lap when you know I still love you." He said balling up his fists.

"The same way you fucked Jamon when I was in love with you." I rebuttal. His face turns soft and he puts his hand up on my cheek, caressing it.

"Donny... I told you I'm sorry. I can't be anymore apologetic. I've beat myself up for the wrongdoings I've done and I've accepted my mistakes. What is the problem with you?" He says rubbing my cheek with his warm fingers.

I grab his hand and hold it awhile before letting it go. "The problem with me is you." I say hopping off the counter and walking back to Omar.

"Aye you good ?" He says. I nod and sit back on his lap while laying a firm kiss on his lips. Omar was different. We never argued and we never had issues with each other.

Derrick made his way back into the break room and I saw him wiping his eyes before laying down on the couch. He had made it clear to me that he wasn't satisfied with me. Every since Derrick, I haven't felt any sexual feelings towards women. I had always yerned for a man to be dominant over me.

I peeked over and Derrick was sleeping. I slightly smiled but was pulled back to attention by Omar who had tighten his grasp around my waist. "Don't fall back into that trap Dontavious. You have me. I'm gonna love you regardless. Matter fact, let's go to the movies saturday night." I grinned and nodded.

"Derrick is gonna have to bring me because ever since I almost got killed, my car has been gone." He nodded and left the break room.

"I ain't taking you nowhere." I heard from across the room as Derrick looked over at me.

"Cmon Derrick..." I say sighing. He paused for a minute and continued.

"Only way I'll take you is if I get to go. You're not doing no freaky shit on my watch." I shrug and nod.

"Typical jealous ex. Maybe I have been a little hard on you. We could go back to being friends, but you better not embarrass me at the movies."

"No promises. I don't like that nigga. It's something about him." I sigh and walk out the break room.

The bell on the door rings as someone enters the store. I pick up the glass tip jar, screwing the lid on. "Welcome.... there's a half off special for all hot food." I say sighing. When I look up to see who it is, my mouth drops and so does the jar.

"No.... fucking... way."