The Equation to Your Heart [July 2019] Premium Ending

Masamune: "You're going to pay for the despicable things you've done, Hiromine. But first, you're going to pay for putting your rotten hands on my lass." Whoa-oh!  Masamune drew his sword, aiming the tip at Hiromine.

Hiromine: "W-Wait! You can't blame me for that! I didn't know she was yours!"

Masamune: "You were a creep to her regardless." Oooh, he's angry!  Hiromine clambered away, but there was no hiding -- Masamune's rage-filled the room. "Draw your weapon, Hiromine. If you've got any pride as a warrior, that is."

Hiromine: "Forget pride! You're insane!" Hiromine was quaking, his face ghost-white. I wanted to smack the guy myself, but is a sword fight a good idea?

Mitsuhide: "If you're considering whether to stop Masamune or not, the answer is no. Stepping in now is inadvisable." Mitsuhide read my mind -- not that that was unusual for him.

Mai: "Yeah, but the repercussions if he--"

Mitsuhide: "Do you trust Masamune? ...If so, then watch quietly." Good point. While Masamune can appear rash, he's never hurt anyone in anger.  He'd proved that enduring Hiromine's abuse.

Mai: "You're right. Thanks for reminding me." I looked back at Masamune and Hiromine. Hiromine seemed frozen in a state of panic.

Masamune: "I'm not waiting any longer. You've got one last chance to draw your sword."

Hiromine: "F-Fine! Have it your way!" Hiromine spits his words out in sudden rage. He drew his sword and charged Masamune. Watch out!

Masamune: "Too slow!" Masamune saw the blow coming and knocked it back with twice the force.

Hiromine: "Urgh!"

Masamune: "THAT was for the man you tormented." Masamune struck again, sending the wobbling Hiromine to the floor. "THAT was for setting up my men. And this?"

Hiromine: "Spare me, please!" Masamune's blade connected with a thunderous clang -- Hiromine's sword flew, embedding itself in a pillar.

Masamune: ". . . That one was for Mai." I stared, amazed. Mitsuhide voiced the thought that was on my mind.

Mitsuhide: "Really? None for yourself, Masamune? After all he did to you?" . . . Although when Mitsuhide said it, it sounded more like instigation.

Mai: "I feel the same way, Mitsuhide, but it's over now. Let's let it go."

Mitsuhide: "But of course. I'm just confirming." . . . I don't know. I think you would have been happy instigating more. Instigator.

Masamune: "Yeah, we're done here." Masamune looked down at the cowering man. "Hiromine..." Hiromine jerked his head up toward Masamune. His response was a little more than a panicked yelp. "Apologize for how you treated Mai."

Hiromine: "I . . . I'm s-sorry for how I treated her--"

Masamune: "Don't apologize to me. Apologize to her! Then you're going to apologize to everyone you've hurt." Hiromine threw himself to the floor in prostration.

Hiromine: "I'm sorry, Lady Mai. I take responsibility for everything! P-Please, spare my life!" ...Boy, that was a hard-won apology. All this guy cares about is his life. He doesn't have an ounce of Masamune's integrity.  Hiromine was near to tears. Not of repentance, but fear. Masamune sheathed his sword. He looked at me and I nodded.

Masamune: "Apology accepted. And for that, I'll forgive you for the way you treated me too."

Mitsuhide: "Well done, Masamune. You've saved me a lot of time 'softening him up.'" He pulled the contrite Hiromine to his feet. "Now, allow me to take him off your hands."