Masamune Date Dramatic Route Chapter 13

Sasuke: "Mai?! Where are you!" Sasuke sounded unusually panicked.

Mai: "I'm at the stone monument!"

Sasuke: "Good!" His voice echoed strangely over the phone. It turned out that was because he was running toward me at the same time.

Mai: "Sasuke! You're here!" He caught up to me, pausing to catch his breath.

Sasuke: "There's a storm coming. Are you ready?"

Mai: "The wormhole's opening up?!" It was at just that moment--

Dark clouds tumbled in and rain began to fall. This is exactly how it happened the first time.  

          Sasuke: "What poor timing."

          Mai: "'Clear skies, all day and all night' it said! Stupid weather report."

          Sasuke: "Are you all right? Do you have an umbrella?"

          Mai: "I do. But it's back at my hotel." 

But I don't think I'll need it anyway. First, there's rain. Then the lightning strike. And finally--   

Mai: "Sasuke, is this really it?" I shot him a hopeful look. He nodded, droplets cascading down his glasses.

Sasuke: "It is. You haven't forgotten anything, have you?"

Mai: "Nothing I'll need!" Sasuke took a few steps back to not be caught in the wormhole.

Sasuke: "Have a safe trip. This is the last time I'll be seeing you. I wish you and Masamune the best. I know he's waiting for you."

Mai: "Thanks, Sasuke, for everything. All right, lightning. Show me what you've got!" It came down with a flash and a rumble, but-- 

"It MISSED?!" The lightning didn't touch down on the monument, but a tree a few yards away.

Sasuke: "The coordinates must have shifted. Mai, you can still make it! Run!"

Mai: "I'm good at that!" I sprinted toward the tree, my soles squeaking on the wet pavement. I'm going back to the Sengoku--  

My surroundings blurred around me. I felt like I was running on air. Sorry I kept you waiting so long, Masamune. Please be safe.  I leaped into the distortion, pushing myself forward even as the world warped and twisted around me. The dizzying sight was too much for my eyes. I squeezed them shut.

"Aaaah?!"

???: "Oww! What the hell?!" Just as my feet hit solid ground, I smacked into someone, sending them and me toppling to the floor.

Mai: "Yeah, oww!" Wait? Who said that?! It can't be--  

I opened my eyes. A familiar temple. Familiar sandals. Familiar kimono. Familiar. Familiar-- I looked up into the familiar face of the man I was sitting on top of.

???: "After all this time, that's how you decide to greet me, lass?" It's him.  I looked up into the unmistakable gaze of the man I longed to see.

Masamune: "You're just as reckless as I remember you."

Mai: "You're the reckless one, Masamune." I'd landed in Masamune's lap. He sat up, looking at me. "I'm not dreaming, am I?" This past year, I'd seen him more in my dreams than I had in person. I reached out a trembling hand to touch him. "Masamune, is that really you?"