Masamune Date Dramatic Route Epilogue

Just as Masamune had surmised, we were nearly at Azuchi when we received the orders from Nobunaga to come by. Upon arriving at the castle, the sight that met my eyes brought a rush of nostalgia.

When I first came here, I could never have imagined missing Azuchi as much as I have. For three wonderful months, it was my home and the place where I fell in love with Masamune.  

Mai: "Wow, everything's coming back to me."

Masamune: "I've been here a couple time myself, but it's been a whole year for you." Shielding his eye from the sun with a hand, Masamune stared up at the tall castle. No more avoiding it. Now that I'm here, it's time to see Nobunaga.  

Mai: "Hey, Masamune?"

Masamune: "Yeah?"

Mai: "Just so we're on the same page about this, if Nobunaga tells me I have to stay--" 

Masamune: "We run." We spoke at the same time."

Mai: "Right?"

Masamune: "Right." Laughing, we clasped hands. The thought of running all over Japan with Masamune did have a strange appeal. That aside, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again.  

Mai: "You said you came here a couple of times. What for?" I asked Masamune as we walked through the inner palace on our way to the audience chamber.

Masamune: "Mostly to give reports to Nobunaga. I've been back to Oshu a couple of times too, and this place is on the way, so I'd drop by."

Mai: "You've been busy. I'd love to hear more stories about what you were up to this past year."

Masamune: "I'm sure you were busy too, kitten. But my stories aren't interesting. That's because you weren't here."

Mai: "Oh, Masamune." He's flirting with me. He flirts as easy as breathing.  I smiled coyly at him. As the two of us turned the corner--

Attendant: "Excuse me!"

Masamune: "You all right there?" One of the female attendants bumped into Masamune. He was fine, but she went falling backwards until Masamune caught her.

Attendant: "I'm terribly sorry!" The woman apologetically bowed her head.

Masamune: "Nothing to apologize for. I bumped into you."

Attendant: "Oh, it's you, Lord Masamune!" She looked up into his face and beamed. Hmm. She's got a big smile on her face.  "Thank you for your help the last time you were here."

Masamune: "I don't need thanks. How'd everyone enjoy it?"

Attendant: "They all said it was delicious." Was Masamune teaching her to cook?  I noticed the animated smiles on their faces as they talked. I watched them, feeling a little excluded from the conversation. "I must be going. Please, excuse me." Bowing to us both, the woman turned and left. She's cute. She has a nice smile too. "Gorgeous" even.  

Masamune: "Mai? What's wrong?"

Mai: "Oh, nothing. So, you were giving that woman cooking lessons?"

Masamune: "She said she wanted to know how I made sweets, so we made some together."

Mai: "I bet that was fun, making sweets together."

Masamune: "It was a struggle. She took forever to catch on." Masamune laughed and shook his head. It hit me then what I'd been feeling during that whole conversation. I just realized how jealous I sounded! That's not cool. I'm not jealous over a little thing like cooking lessons.  "Kitten, is everything all right?"