Eight

Dawn

"Like I said, I pay my employees a lot of money. I know things about your father that you don't and one of those things is that he won't turn down money for anything." He snaps back. "And, I doubt he'll have the money any time soon anyways."

I huff in annoyance, crossing my arms across my chest. "What is it that you have your employers do, anyway?"

"You don't need to worry about that, I doubt your father would want you to know either. Just know it's very illegal, it's better you don't know." He sighs.

"So where are we going now?"

"Oh my god." He moans loudly. "You ask too many questions."

              —————————————————

Four hours. We've now been driving for four hours. I'm not even sure if we're in Tennessee anymore. I've tried to sleep, but it just didn't come to me. Harry has been quiet, occasionally taking phone calls, but that's it. He hasn't looked at me since we first started driving. It's now 5 in the morning, and I know my lack of sleep will come back to punch me in the face.

I sigh loudly, resting my face against the window, waiting for sleep to consume me. I shift uncomfortably in my seat, the seatbelt restricting my movements. I groan with annoyance, catching Harry's attention.

"Uncomfortable?" He looks over at me briefly. I only nod to answer him and looks back at the road. "We're almost there." He sighs.

"Where are we going now?" I ask, my nerves beginning to kick in again.

"Don't worry about it."

I begin to stress a little more with each mile he drives. The further I go from home, the less hope I have of being found. I wish my dad knew I was missing. I hope Kassie realizes something is wrong and calls the police.

Another hour goes by and the sun begins to peak above the horizon. Harry is still driving on the highway that seems to be never ending. It was surrounded by nothing but fields of corn and other crops. My stomach begins to growl throughout the silence of the car and I mentally curse at it. I haven't eaten in a while.

"You hungry?" Harry questions lowly. My stomach answers for him, making him chuckle deeply. "Hang tight, love." He says. "Almost there."

I almost want to point out that he said we were almost at our destination an hour ago, but I keep my mouth shut not wanting to start anything with him.

Without even realizing it, I'm starring at Harry. Again. I watch how is arms flex with every little movement he makes. How he keeps only one hand on the steering wheel and the other laying on the gear. His eyebrows stitched close together as if he was deep in though. A frown was laced on his lips. For someone who is a complete asshole, he's quit attractive. No wonder people always say looks can be deceiving.

"We're here." He states, breaking me away from my thoughts. My head turns to look out the window. He pulled up to a small house that was surrounded by trees. I must've been so caught up in my thoughts I didn't even see him turn off the highway.

I look at the time on the dashboard. It's just past six-thirty in the morning. I yawn escapes my lips as my lack of sleep finally creeps up on me.

Harry shuts the car off before exiting the car and coming around to my side. He pulls the door open and grips my arm, pulling me slightly out the car. He slams it shut and pulls me to follow him towards the house. His long legs take quick strides towards the house.

We walk up the steps and he pushes the door open and my eyes widen at the sight. Harry lets go of my arm and shuts the door behind me. In front of me we're three large men.

"Well who is this pretty little lady?" His accent sings. The man stares at me, licking his lips.

"Fuck off, Zayn. She's off limits." Harry says pulling me towards the stairs. I hear the man laugh with the other two and my fear has suddenly risen again. I'm in a house with dangerous people. I have no idea what they're even capable of.

As soon as we reach the top of the stairs, he opens first door to our left and shoved me inside. The room was basically empty, only having a bed in the center and a lamp on the floor next to it. Not a window in sight. I turn around to face Harry, but he was already shutting the door behind him and locking it. Once again, I was locked away in a room. Only this time, I was not chained down to the bed. I huff in annoyance and stalk over to the bed. I noticed another door in the room and quickly walk over to it. I swung it open to reveal a bathroom, with a window.

My heart rate began to speed up when I noticed I could somehow get away. As my adrenaline begins to kick in, I walk over towards the window to try and open it. But it doesn't budge.

You've got to be kidding me.

I try moving the lock in the window back and forth but I get nothing. I'm really fucking stuck.

I don't know how much longer I can stand to be around Harry and his friends. Harry's mood swings are too much to keep up with. First he's all angry and yelling at me, the next he's joking around with me. Why did he have to involve me in this situation with my father? I was better off not knowing a thing about this illegal business of his. Before I knew, i didn't look at my dad differently. But now I'm just disappointed in him. He always seemed so honest and sincere and I find out that he's selling illegal products after being kidnapped by his boss because he is behind in payments.

This is all still too much to take in. I still can't believe all of this. I still can't believe I've been kidnapped for my fathers wrong doings. I still can't believe no one has even realize that I'm missing. It's like no one even cares about me.

I fall back into the bed and stare up in the ceiling. My stomach is still calling out to me, but ignore it's calls for help.

A tear slips from my eye as I realized I may be stuck here for a while. Harry's words keep replaying through my head, your father has worked for me for years.

Why would he ever keep something like this from me? I'm his only child. My mother isn't even around anymore.

"Ugh!" I scream and throw a pillow across the floor.

If there was other things in the room, I'd probably throw that instead.

I'm now full on crying as I sit with my knees pulled to my chest. I just want to get out of here. I want to go home. I want to get away from Harry and his creepy friends. I want to see Kassie. I want to sleep in my own bed in my own room.

But right now, I've officially lost all hope that anyone will come to find me. I've lost hope that anyone has even realized I'm missing.

                          ————————————

sorry for the wait, I've had writers block :((((
also, sorry for the boring chapters, i promise the next chapter will have events taking place. this writers block is kicking me in the ass right now, though.

-narryshippings