Thirty-Seven

Dawn

That's all it was? A viral infection?

I sigh as I sit in the seat next to her bed. I was stressed out for what? The damn thing was fucking harmless to her. Although, it did look like it was going to kill her. But we could've stayed home and waited for this damn fever to pass.

I don't even care if that sounds selfish, but I need my 'beauty sleep' as Dawn likes to call it. But here I am, almost three in the morning at this shitty ass hospital.

If it weren't for Henry, I wouldn't have to be dealing with any of this. This whole thing is going too far now, he's going to either have to tell her the truth, or I'll do it myself.

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad for the poor girl. But I didn't sign up to take care of her. Once she's up and feeling better again, I'm going back to my old ways.

——————————————————

My eyes slowly blinked open only to met with a bright white light

My eyes slowly blinked open only to met with a bright white light. My whole body felt sore and uncomfortable, but my fever had definitely gone down from what it was before.

Where am I though?

I look to my left to see Harry sleeping in a chair next to my bed with his feet propped up onto another chair. His facial features were relaxed for once. I feel like he's only ever realized when he's asleep. He looks like a normal person instead of someone who just randomly kills people for their own liking.

I look back ahead of me, taking in my surroundings. I try moving my arms, but feel something tug at my skin. I noticed I was hooked up to a bunch of machines, I could not tell you what any of them are called with the knowledge that I have.

Oh. I'm in the hospital. I remember hearing I had seizure, but it was all kind of a blur in my head. I don't actually remember having the seizure, but I remember passing out and my body feeling completely strange and different.

I don't think I've ever had one, at least I don't remember anyways. I wonder what happened. I peered up at the clock that hung on the wall, it was eight in the morning.

I needed to wake Harry.

"Hey." I mumble as I reach for his shoulder to slightly shake him.

He sucks in a harsh breath before open his eyes and looking around the room before they land on me.

"You're awake." He says lowly looking back down at his hands.

"What happened?" I question.

"Your fever triggered a seizure. The doctor said you'll be fine though." He says pulling out his phone.

I furrow my brows at his passive behavior but brush it off just as the doctor came walking through the door.

"Ah! You're awake! How are you feeling?" He questions with a clipboard in his hand.