Thirty-Five

Dawn

I stalk up the stairs slowly, feeling my body get warmer and my body aches worsen the more I moved around.

Maybe the way Harrys mood has suddenly changed from aggressive to concerned in point two seconds is what's causing all of this. I wouldn't be surprised, I can never keep up with his constant mood swings.

I finally reach my room and collapse face first into my bed. I think this is my new favorite way to get in my bed.

"Dawn?" I hear Harrys voice but I don't respond, I feel too exhausted to respond and before I know it, I'm falling asleep to Harry calling my name.

             ———————————————————

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like it was a million degrees in here

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like it was a million degrees in here. I felt so unbelievably uncomfortable, I think my fever was only getting worse.

I glance at the clock on the night stand and realized it was only two in the morning. I don't remember what time we had gotten home last night, but it wasn't super late because of the shooting that went down at the club.

I noticed next to the clock was some medicine. Harry must've left it there when he came into my room and found me asleep. I slowly sit up, only to realize everything hurt and felt uncomfortable. My body temperature felt way too high and it's actually starting to concern me now. My throat feels sore as well. This fever was only going to get worse before it got better. I felt like I was just going to pass out all over again.

I can't even properly explain how awful I feel right now.

I decided to go and get Harry to help me out here because I have no idea what to do with myself right now. I don't normally get sick, let alone get fevers. I don't even remember the last time I was this sick. Although Harry is the last person I would want help from, he's all I've got right now.

I slowly crawl from my bed, whimpering in the process of it. I stumble towards the door and as I reach for the knob, I realized I wasn't in my outfit from last night. I was in a large shirt that probably belonged to Harry and a pair of night shorts. Did he change me?

I shake the thought from my head as I pull open the door and continue my short journey across the hall to Harry's door. I place my hand against the threshold of his door to help balance myself as I softly knock on the door. I didn't want to scare him awake. After a couple of seconds of waiting for an answer and not getting one, I knock once more. Only to receive yet again, no answer.

I decided to just walk in, I know it might get me in trouble but I really needed his help right now. When I first got here, I remember him telling me that I would never be setting foot in here to which I respected his wish. Until now.

I grip the knob and push open his door. I was greeted with darkness, I wasn't even sure he was in here until I heard him stir lightly in his sleep.

I quietly pad my feet over to the bed and stand over him. The only light I was given was coming from the moon outside his window.

"Harry." I whisper as I shake his body a little. He groaned a little, tossing and turning before settling again. I roll my eyes at his stubbornness.

"Harry?" I say a little louder, as my body continues to fight against me.

I can see him slowly open his eyes, adjusting to see me in front of me. When he realizes that it's me, he sits up quickly.

"Dawn, what the hell are you doing in here?" He growls loudly. "It's two in the morning, why are you bothering me?"

"Somethings wrong." I say, feeling like I'm out of breath.

"What do you mean?" He questions, while rubbing his eyes.

"I think my fever is just getting worse. I don't know what to do. I don't normally get sick like this." I say, sitting myself down on the bed next to him. I felt like I'd just give up and collapse if I kept standing.

Harry reaches his arm out towards me, placing the back of his hand against my forehead like he did earlier that night. His face begins to show concern again making my heart race again.

"Dawn, you feel like you're on fucking fire, I'm not even kidding. Did you take that medicine I left in your room?" He questions. I shook my head no, placing my head in my hands, ready to pass out again.

The feeling that I feel right now is indescribable, uncomfortable and painful. I just wish this would go away.

Harry stands from his bed and goes across the hall. I'm guessing he's going to retrieve the medicine he left for me in there. I guess I should've just taken it, instead of coming in here to bother him.

He comes back shortly, with the little bottle in his hands. I decided to lay down because I couldn't hold myself up any longer.

"Dawn?" I hear Harry say, but it sounds like his voice is fading as he does.

"Dawn, can you hear me?" He says suddenly, but my eye sight starts to blur as I feel my eyes shutting slowly and my body began to feel heavy and before I knew it, I was out.

————————————

"Sweetie, you need to get it done. I know you don't like doing it, but it's a part of your chores." I hear my dad say as I came to a stop at the bottom of the stairs.

"Dad, it's like a million degrees outside, can't I do the yard another day?" I whine.

Part of my chores was cleaning the lawn in our backyard. Picking weeds, cutting the grass, everything that he should be doing but he claims to always be too busy with work.

"I need it done today, i have very important people coming over tomorrow morning and we'll be using the yard while you're at school. So please, stop whining and get to work." He sighs as he sits at the kitchen island on his laptop.

I drag my feet across the wooden floor towards the back door. As soon as I step outside, I immediately start sweating. It's way too hot for me to be out here right now.

"Hey, hey, hey!" I hear my best friend Kassie yell as she comes into my yard.

"Hey, Kassie. What are you doing here?" I question as I was about to begin my chore.

"Came to see if you wanted to go out, but clearly you look busy." She laughs.

"You have no idea how much I'd rather go out than be stuck in this heat cleaning the yard. But my dad needs it done for his work." I reply.

"What does your dad even do?" She asked.

"He's a realtor. I guess he's trying to sell a house or something tomorrow and he wants the yard to look spotless."

"If he's trying to sell a house, why wouldn't he take them to the actual house?" She questions. I shrug in response.

She's got a good point though. Our house has nothing to do with the sale, yet he's bringing them here to do it. It doesn't make any sense now that I'm thinking about it.

But, I guess it's none of my business.

————————————————————

oh hey, two updates in one day :))))) aren't I sweet?

I noticed the last chapter was kinda short so I decided to update this one.

But you guys are up for a surprise the next chapter :)))) my goal is to have to posted by tomorrow might ! So keep a look out.

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE!!

-narryshippings <3