Twenty-Four

Dawn

I wasn't exactly tired due to my jet lag, but I've decided I'm just going to try and force myself to sleep. I am a little uncomfortable with Harry sleeping next to me, but he's out cold and I'm chained to the bed so it's not like I can get up and sleep anywhere else.

I moved to to turn the lamp off and the darkness took over the room once again. I peered at the clock and noticed it was just past midnight.

I laid on my back and waited for sleep to take over my body with thoughts of Harry running through my head.

         —————————————————————

I laid awake as the sun started to rise up into the sky

I laid awake as the sun started to rise up into the sky. I didn't get much sleep last night, but I know it'll eventually catch up to me. It was nearly seven in the morning, I woke up a few minutes ago not being able to stay asleep.

My eyes wondered the ceiling, trying to make out small pictures in the pattern. Something I always do when I'm bored. I then looked over to Harry who was still knocked out cold by my side.

I'm not sure why, but seeing Harry asleep puts me at ease. He's so calm and collected unlike when he's awake and he seems a million times more attractive when he's in this state. I wonder what Harry would be like if he wasn't such a cruel person. Would he still have all his tattoos? Piercings? Would he actually be living in the UK instead of house to house in the US? Would he be in love?

From the Harry that I've gotten to know, I think he avoids love at all cost. Ive only known him for about a week but he shows nothing but hatred and has a wall built up around him to avoid any affection from others. I didn't have to talk to him about it to know, it's just obvious. It's sad really. I think if he let someone in and wasn't such an ass, he'd find love.

Couldn't be me though.

I still find it so strange that this young and attractive man runs such a dangerous business. I wonder how he even began all of it and what it actually is that he does. Was this side of him triggered by his past? His childhood? Or did he just wake up one day and decide to kidnap people's daughters because he couldn't get what he wanted?

He breathed in and out slowly, I could still smell a hint of the alcohol he drank from last night with a little bit of mint. He's probably going to wake up with a hangover and act like more of a dick than he usually is.

I'm mentally preparing for it.

Soft snores continue to fall past his lips as he continued his deep slumber. He could be out for hours. Light murmurs and groans occasionally left his mouth as if he was dreaming about something. His brows were furrowed and his lips were in a small pout. What was he thinking about?

I'm starting to think he can feel my gaze on him as he starts to move a little in his sleep. His eyes flutter open and I immediately look back towards the ceiling, I'm not ready for any smart comments. This is the most peace I've had since he's kidnapped me.