Twenty-Six

Dawn

"I don't think it's a good idea. At least not right now." He says making my heart drop a little.

There was something in me that made me feel like he'd say yes, and it got my hopes up a little bit.

I sit back in my seat feeling slightly discouraged. I understand why he feels that way, but at the same time, he's going to have to learn to trust me at some point.

"I'm sorry Dawn."

When those words leave his mouth, I suddenly feel like there's more to this than just him having a hard time trusting me. But what is it?

              ——————————————————

The rest of the morning consisted of Harry doing his business

The rest of the morning consisted of Harry doing his business. I haven't spoken to him since he denied my question to go out and see London. I'm not beyond pissed at him, but it's just disappointing. I guess I can understand why he won't let me outside, especially if he isn't there. But I can't help but feel as though there's something here that makes him feel on edge. Although Harry always seems to be on edge.

I feel like if we were still in the states, Harry would've said yes with him obviously keeping an eye on me. But he's been weird since we've landed here.

I watched as Harry finished up his last deal. The man handed him a bag and Harry gripped it firmly in his large hand. He shook his hand with his free one and turned back towards the car. The sun glasses were sitting on his face covering his eyes but you could tell his brows were furrowed as he was deep in thought. His jaw was clenched and he was moving at a somewhat quick pace.

He got in the car, placing the bag in the backseat along with the others. If those really are dull of money, that's a horrible place to put it. But I'll keep my mouth shut.

"It's only 10:30, wanna grab some breakfast?" He questions as he pulls onto the busy streets.

"Sure." I reply flatly. I wasn't really in the mood to eat, nor be around Harry for that matter. I just wanted to be back in my room.

I wonder why Harry hasn't kept me locked away in my room and beaten me to near death every day like your typical kidnapper would. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely thankful he doesn't do that, but there's obviously a reason for it. Kidnappers don't take you shopping for new clothes, or take you out to breakfast. They torture you in multiple I thinkable ways.

Harry is strange. Strange for a kidnapper. He looks young. Too young to be in a business that's supposedly as dangerous as his. Too young to be hateful. But you can't judge a book by its cover, right? And who's to say he's actually young? He could be in his thirties and just looks good for his age.

"We're here." He comments breaking me from my deep thoughts of wonder.

We pulled up to a small diner. It was a cute small dinner with a brown interior. Could use a little more color in my opinion, but who cares what I think at this point.