Eighteen

Dawn

"Dad, you did not have to do this. I can't take this. How did you afford this?" I say pushing the keys back towards him.

"Don't worry about it. Just take the car, it's my gift to you. It's already paid off too." He says pushing the keys back in my hand.

I don't questions how it's already paid off and accept the gift.

"Thank you so much!" I laugh giving him a hug.

"Go give it a test drive!" He says.

I can't believe he was able to pull this off.

             ——————————————————

I sat up quickly as I have suddenly awoken from my dream

I sat up quickly as I have suddenly awoken from my dream. My forehead was dripping in sweat and my clothes were fitted uncontrollably. The temperature in the room seemed to rise while I was sleeping. I needed to wash my face. As I went to stand up from the bed, I almost tripped as I forgot that my ankle was chained down to the bed. Fuck. I forgot he had locked me up again and I really needed to use the bathroom. I looked over towards the threshold of the bathroom and noticed there was no daylight coming through the window yet. It must be the middle of the night still. I stretch across the bed to reach the lamp on the floor and click it on, illuminating a small but bright light across the room.

Everyone including Harry must be asleep and I'm afraid of waking them up at this time of night. Honestly, I don't even know if his other friends actually sleep here but they're here all the time so I assume they do sometimes.

What am I going to do? Harry is still very angry with me and waking him up is just asking for some kind of psychotic reaction from him, am I wrong?

Keeping me chained up all the time is a terrible idea.

Harrys bedroom is across the hall from me, maybe if f I threw something hard enough, he'll come out trying to figure out what it was. When he realizes it's me, he'll either actually let me use the bathroom, or he'll continue to be a dick and ignore my small request.

But there's one thing I didn't really think through. What the hell am I going to throw? There's legit nothing in the room, only the bed, the lamp on the floor and the dresser by the door. I could throw the lamp but it might break and cause Harry to spazz so that option is off the table. Quite literally, actually.

I look around the small room hoping to come across something. That's when I spot my shoes. I could throw my shoes at the door! I'd only have two chances of getting Harrys attention because there's only a small chance that I'll be able to reach them again once I throw them.

I quickly grasp them off of the floor where they sat next to the foot of the bed. I need to throw these really hard to get any kind of reaction, and I needed to do it quick because I really need to use the bathroom and I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to hold it in.