Twenty-Five

Dawn

He moved out of his driveway and began speeding off down the road.

"Where are we going?" I ask before mentally palming my face. My curiosity got the best of me and I couldn't sit here the whole ride without asking.

"You'll see." He answers. That answer gave me anxiety. You'll see. What could he possibly mean by that? With someone like Harry, it's hard to say and I'm starting to not like the idea of leaving the house anymore. I looked over at Harry again to see his smirk resting on his face, making my stomach flip. And not in a good way.

             ——————————————————

Harry and I sat in silence during the long car ride

Harry and I sat in silence during the long car ride. We've been driving for a little over thirty minutes now and I've taken in the views of London as we drove through the busy city. London was beautiful, an amazing sight to see. Maybe one day Harry will trust me enough again to let me actually walk around and see everything. I might as well make the most of being held hostage in London, right?

We came to a stop outside a large house. Actually no, more like a mansion. But this mansion seemed... kind of strange. The vibe of it wasn't all to welcoming in any kind of way. It almost made me wanna run. But, never the less, my curiosity will always take over me.

I started to unbuckle my seatbelt when Harry suddenly stopped me from doing so. "No, you're not going in there. You're staying here."

"What? Why?" I pout. "What was the point of bribing me out with you?"

"Because none of the boys were at the house to watch you, and I know you would've gone crazy if I kept you chained up all day with no chance of using the loo or eating at some point." He explains he looks down at his phone.

"The what?" I question. What the hell is a loo?

"The bathroom." He comments while slightly rolling his eyes.

"Oh, but why can't I go in with you?" I questioned him.

"Because I told you before, I don't need you to be involved in my job." He says looking back up at the front door as if he was waiting for someone.

"Ah, so is this where it all goes down?" I say staring at the dark exterior of the home.

"Not necessarily." He answers shortly. I know he's avoiding giving me any information on this.

"So what's here then?" I keep pushing knowing that it's only going to annoy him.

"Dawn, please don't start. It's barely nine in the morning and I don't want to hear you constantly asking me questions that you know you won't get an answer to. So please for the love of God, shut up." He groans loudly.

I gasp at his sudden change of tone, but I can honestly say I asked for it.

"No need to be a sour puss." I say to him causing him to look up from his phone with an arched brow.

"A what?" He says almost amused at my choice of words.

"A sour puss. You know, a Debby downer, a wet blanket, a party pooper." I reply back while looking at my nails. I really need to cut them.

"What the fuck, did you just call me a wet blanket?" He huffs. I'm getting a kick out of his annoyance and I'm honestly surprised he hasn't snapped on me yet. Maybe he's just not a morning person and doesn't have the energy to yell.

"Yes, you always have such a sour mood." I look back over to him to see him staring at me in disbelief.

"Do you honestly think I care?"

I don't respond as I notice a man walking out of the front door. The man looks familiar, I feel like I've seen him at Harrys home back in America and on the plane but I can't remember his name. Harry notices me looking and steps out of his car. The stand right in front of the car as they converse amongst each other. I wish I could hear what they were saying but Harry keeps his windows locked.

The man hands Harry a thick pouch and I immediately know what's going on. This is one of his exchanges. But I thought his employers do all the dirty work for him? That is what he said isn't it? So why is he here? Maybe this is one of those people that come and bring him the money.

They quickly shake hands and immediately walk away from each other. Harry gets into his side of the car and quickly places the pouch under his seat. The pouch was extremely thick, how much is in there? Harry looks at me as I raise my brow at him. Does he think I'm that stupid?

"You may know what that just was, but you still have no idea of what I actually do, and you never will." He reply's with a smirk. He's quite cocky. His attention returns to his phone again.

"Was that one of those guys who do your dirty work?" I ask for clarification.

He groans. "Yes Dawn. Must you know everything?"

I roll my eyes. "Yes, I must." I reply with attitude dripping from my voice.

I hear him sigh beside me as he pulls away from the mansion and continues onto the busy streets of London. We pass a couple of popular spots like Big Ben and the London Eye.

"Can you take me to sight see one day?" I ask hoping that he might actually say yes.

"You wanna be a tourist?" He laughs.

"Well, I've always wanted to come here and since I was brought here against my will, I might as well enjoy it." I comment back while still looking out the window.

"I don't know Dawn." He sighs.

"Please Harry? I promise I'll behave this time. I swear I've learned my lesson." I plead to him as I watch him drive his car. He sits there in silence as he thinks over his decision.

Honestly, I'd be very surprised if he said yes. He's been tough on me ever since I tired to run at the store and shot him in his shoulder, which he still refuses to wear his shoulder sling by the way. It's going to take forever for his shoulder to heal, if it even heals properly. He's been trying to use his left arm a lot lately, but I know it hurts him and that frustrates him.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he said no. Like I said before, I've pulled a lot of shit that's pissed him off and has had me punished in many unbearable ways that I try not to think about.

"So? What do you say?"

He glances at me quickly before turning his attention back to the road in front of him.

"I don't think it's a good idea. At least not right now." He says making my heart drop a little.

There was something in me that made me feel like he'd say yes, and it got my hopes up a little bit.

I sit back in my seat feeling slightly discouraged. I understand why he feels that way, but at the same time, he's going to have to learn to trust me at some point.

"I'm sorry Dawn."

When those words leave his mouth, I suddenly feel like there's more to this than just him having a hard time trusting me. But what is it?

              ——————————————————

Hey guys! Sorry for the wait! Work is kicking my ass :(((((

But I wanted to let you guys no that next week, I'll be going on vacation for about a week from July 2nd through the 10th. I'm saying this because I won't be updating during that time. I'm going to try to update again before, at least one or two times to hold you guys off for the week.

Anyways,,,,,,

Why do you think Harry said no to Dawn getting to sight see in London?

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE!!

-narryshippings <3